Q/T controled hunt extra tags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pphoenix

Q/T controled hunt extra tags

Post by pphoenix »

somoeone posted here a while back that it happening oct 16, any one know any more info on it or where to find it
Normous

Post by Normous »

My MNR info says Oct 16. In the past I've been sent info on controlled hunt tags, but not last year. Last year I got my extra CH tag over the phone and the year before I joined 60 others lined up at the Chatham office. Try calling your area office for info. Good luck!!
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

enormous wrote:My MNR info says Oct 16. In the past I've been sent info on controlled hunt tags, but not last year. Last year I got my extra CH tag over the phone and the year before I joined 60 others lined up at the Chatham office. Try calling your area office for info. Good luck!!
Norm
Did you get one this year, i know it opened yesterday, was wondering if they are available, and if it's over the phone or over the counter. Thanks ahead of time to any reply's.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Yes, I got a tag.
Mon. 16th was first come first serve at the MNR offices and today Tues. phone orders begun. I suggest calling during bus. hours and have your outdoor card and CC card ready for any left over.
My tag is for 92B M/L Nov 6.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Thanks Norm, the info wasn't for me, a friend of mine kept calling me, because i told him that i'd find out for him if they were available over the phone, but i forgot to call the MNR today during their business hours.
Anyways Thank you
TYE

Post by TYE »

Can someone please explain to me what these tags are for?
Allan

Post by Allan »

tag
licence for one deer, the paper adhered to the game once harvested, ie a tag for one deer or one turkey.
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

These tags are tags sold exclusively to those participating in controlled hunts. Controlled hunts are those hunts that you must apply for and can only participate in if selected. Many are shotgun only hunts, but I believe there are also muzzle loader and archery controlled hunts. Some of the WMU's that have controlled hunts also have additional tags, that can only be used while hunting in a controlled hunt. In my case, I am hunting in a shotgun/muzzled loader controlled hunt that takes place in 69A during the first week of December. On the 16th I purchased an additional tag that allows me yo kill a doe only during that hunt. I can also use my regular deer licence tag in the controlled hunt, which allows me to kill either a buck or a doe in the controlled hunt (that is if I still have that tag by then).