bucks starting to fight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

pphoenix

bucks starting to fight

Post by pphoenix »

this morning while it was dark i heard some sparing, when the fogg started to clear i counted 7 deer in the field, 2 bucks, 2 fawns and 3 does all way out there, but it was nice to watch them for about an hour, with my binoculars i counted 4 points in the smaller buck and 10 in the second one, i guess they must have been the guilty party for all the early noise :lol: , maybe i'll get to at least see the 10 pointer again tomorrow, even if it from the distance i still love to watch them carry on with their routine, walk, eat, look, poop, walk, eat, look .... :lol:
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Me tooooo. I get off on just watching their antics. Soemtimes when they are a little wary they do this stiff legged walk with their front legs. With each step they act like they are trying to drive their hoof deeper into the dirt. What is this all about? I put a salt block by my corn bait site and they were totally freaked by the white salt block (I moved it the next day) and doing this stiff legged walk.

DrDan
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Dan , that is a nervous reaction that deer do.

Save your salt too , deer have quit using it now...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

hopefully it spreads on down this way... I watched 2 bucks today scrape and rub, but the better one wouldnt come close enough. I grunted and grunted but he wouldnt pay me any mind at all. Normally he woulda come running in ready to fight

another few weeks and its gonna get good here in Va