Match Field Crossbows

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChappyBoss

Match Field Crossbows

Post by ChappyBoss »

Hi All,
I am really enjoying shooting my crossbow, in fact so much so that I am thinking of giving Match crossbow shooting a go. I have done alot of Match rifle shooting in the past and I think that match crossbow could be an interesting challange. I know that several of top match crossbows are available with Excalibur Limbs (hows that for a positive statement about Excalibur Limbs), I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone other than Ausbow that are building Match Field crossbows. Ideally in Europe, but anywhere really.
Thanks ChappyBoss
Digger

Post by Digger »

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Swede

Post by Swede »

Crossbow shooting is realy addicting :wink:

Do you mean match crossbow or field crossbow? I shoot both sporting and field target here in Sweden. I know some guys over here building field crossbows that are very good. For all the time I been shooting field I have never seen anyone useing Excalibur limbs. :? The only time I seen Excalibur products within field crossbow shooting is when someone like myself use a PointBlanc. But for match crossbow I realy dont know anything about. Here is a picture of my modified PB for field target shooting.
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Hi Swede,
I am interested in both Match and Field Target shooting, I shoot both field and target competitions with my vertical archery gear. I have shot a few field rounds with my Exocet 200, great fun but doesn't conform to the rules here in the UK. I know both Spirt2000 and Ausbow use Excalibur limbs on at least some of the match grade crossbows.
Do you shoot circular archery style targets in your field competitions or is it animal picture targets. Here in the UK, only animal style field rounds are available to crossbow archers.
Do you know of any good web sites (other than this one) about crossbow target shooting?
Regards ChappyBoss
Swede

Post by Swede »

Well, I have been at international competetions and I have never seen Excalibur limbs. But I can off couse be wrong. The Excalibur limbs are great so why not. The two big field target organisations are the IAU and WCSA. They do shoot at regular target faces. Here in Sweden we shoot both field target (with my PoinBlanc), sporting (with my Vixen) and historical. We have no shooter within match but I would love to try that also. I know you have some shooters that are shooting "field target" crossbow in the UK. Look at the links I posted here and Im sure you will get in touch with UK shooters. Like I said earlier....its addicting :D
Here are links to WCSA and IAU.

http://www.worldcrossbow.com

http://www.iau-crossbow.org/
Swede

Post by Swede »

ChappyBoss....you are welcome to come over here and shoot. We have some competetions next year and you are very welcome. The UK is not that far from Sweden.
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Hi Swede,
I few of my friends were out in Sweden, a few weeks ago for the European Fita Field Champs. Tough course so they say. But every one really enjoyed the trip. So do many people compete with Xbows in Sweden? You will have to let me know about the shoots for next year. As you said Sweden isn't that far away. I will heading to France to hunt Wild Boar- Can't wait :D
Regards Chappy
Swede

Post by Swede »

Well, I cant say there are alot of crossbow shooters over here. A big reason for that is the demand for licens för crossbows. But Im sure it will grow in future. Much because of the intruduction of new disciplines. I can see the historical crossbow shooting growing rapidly and this year was the first year for sporting in Sweden. Im sure the sporting discipline will attract many shooters. As for field it is not that big but we do have some very good shooters. I see a bright future for crossbow shooting in Sweden. We will have an indoor competetion in the beginning of december which is open for international shooters. If you can get a field crossbow you are very welcome to participate. That is an invitation for everyone that reads this :!: . I would love to try crossbow hunting also. Is it legal in France?!
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Hi Swede,
Yes Bowhunting is legal in France and Spain, France does require the use of an arrow or bolt of at least 560grains-pretty heavy. This requirement is the reason I brought my Exocet. In Spain normal carbon bolts are fine.
Most of the bowhunting in France is for wild boar, but in Spain. It is possible to hunt for several species. Red deer, fallow deer, roe deer,boar,wild sheep and if you can afford it IBEX
France requires the use of a guide on public land, but not on private land-lots of hunting clubs own large areas and this counts as private land.
Estonia and several other ex-east european countries also seem to be opening up to bowhunting, so there are plenty of options. I heard that Finland may be allowing bowhunting, to help control the expanding population of imported whitetail deer. A friend is trying to get more information for me at the moment.
France is the easiest place to organise bowhunting, but Spain is cheaper and the varity of game available makes for a more interesting hunt.
Regards Chappy