405fps crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

morepowr

405fps crossbow

Post by morepowr »

This might be old, but has anyone seen this yet.
http://www.strykerxbow.com/

It is being made by BowTech. I am more than happy w/my Excalibur, but I was talking to a Bowtech rep and he was telling me about this new xbo they are working on. he said it would shoot 405fps.
"If it moves, my excocet will kill it"
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

I have a Bowtech Tomkat and I think they're an excellent company with a top-notch product. If I was ever going to buy a compound crossbow, it'd have to be from Bowtech.

That being said, the price on the thing is supposed to be extremely high and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be the first person I know to buy one! Most people seemed to be concerned about it's durability. I'm anxiously awaiting it's release and I'm hoping that they hold up after a couple years of use. Maybe I'll have saved up enough money to buy one at that point.
sclitaco

Post by sclitaco »

I happened to get my hands on a january 2007 copy of a bowhunting mag. it has a full feature ad on this bow. I will scan it and post it when I get the chance. it is wild looking, but I think I will stick to my excalibur.
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

New Phoenix owner here and I can't see how anybody would want or need more power than what this crossbow produces. I recently migrated from the vert bow world and the Phoenix is all the bow anyone needs for any critter on the planet, IMO...
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
jay73

Post by jay73 »

jh45gun wrote:I do not know why every one is hung up on speed and power?
Hey jh45gun, I got myself a Wolverine and a 165 Exocet, so, that's a pretty basic set-up. I'm more than happy with what I have, and have taken deer with my Exocet.

However, some people will always want the "biggest, fastest" thing on the market. It will always be that way. You would think dependability would be a factor in some way though, but these fast new bows will sell one way or the other.

Go figure, sufficient isn't ever enough.

Jay
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

How far do we want our arrows to stick in the ground after passing through the deer?

It's overkill already, gents..

Bowtech has probably done their homework very well. My feeling is this is a crossbow designed by a bow manufacturer in Tennessee and Bowtech either bought it out or they are in cahoots. Our Tennessee brethern on here knows who I am talking about.

This crossbow will be less than 150 pound pull.

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Woody Williams wrote:

If that is the case, it won't be delivering bolts at 405 fps unless they are lighter than a gnat...
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Makomachine wrote:
Woody Williams wrote:

If that is the case, it won't be delivering bolts at 405 fps unless they are lighter than a gnat...
It isn't just poundage that gets the arrow down course.

Powerstroke helps a lot too.

With the forward mounted limbs I'd say this baby has an extra long power stroke....

Maybe 18 or 19 inches or so?

http://strykerxbow.com/
Woody Williams

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Digger

Post by Digger »

But a new styker xbow and nothing can go wrong---go wrong---gooo gooo wrooonng.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
diesel

Post by diesel »

I was @ a shop today. The Bowtech Rep was there. I asked him a few questions about this crossbow.
1 , It is a 175 ft.lbs.
2 , He said they tested it with 425 gr. bolts Carbon Express.
I then told him I liked the KISS theory of Excalibur. For some reason he just walked away.
This shop is about 10 minutes from work and I was told they were to get the first six of these bows that come out. Yes a will have to shoot one but it will always be Excalibur for me.
I bought my Exocet 175 in 2005. I helped sell 3 other Excaliburs to people in my family in 2006. We all have killed Does with them this year.
Ranging from 10 yrds. to 45 yrds. Two deer were shot from ground blinds. We are not sure but we think those two bolts are still going. Because we have not been able to find them yet. :D :D
sclitaco

Post by sclitaco »

Image[/img]
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

I did some basic calculations on this one. If you find the exomax to be a handful to cock (I do) You'll be thrilled to cock the new Bowtech. It will require about 60% more energy to cock and leave a similar amount of energy in the system after the arrow is in flight as recoil. Bottom line....it will be a SOB to cock, hard on arrows and targets, and unless they know something that the rest of the compound crossbow business has missed out on it'll be hard on itself.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

A BULLPUP??

No wonder they can get a longer power stroke.

How long do they think those little string silencers will stay put? First shot or second?

I can see self disengration of the entire crossbow coming on..

I don't like the wording of the ad either, but what can you expect from a vertical bow manufacturer?

It's best to stick with a REAL crossbow manufacturer, not one that gets in the crossbow game just for market share.

Woody Williams

Digger

Post by Digger »

I don't need that fast a xbow for what game I'm going after, I just bought two xbows in the last month a 165 lb Tenpoint Titan TL 4 and a old new in the box 150 lb Wolverine. They are the most power I'll need.
Like Woody and Bill T have said this xbow is headed for distruction.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Sevcrist

Post by Sevcrist »

The Great Lakes/Darton Impact is a fast bow somewhat similar to the Stryker. Darton advertises 343 fps with a 475 grain arrow at 165 pounds and a 17" power stroke. http://www.dartonarchery.com/GCLImpact.htm

I guess my point is that Darton could have made it even faster by increasing the poundage, decreasing the arrow weight or increasing the power stroke. But they didn't, maybe because they knew or thought that it wouldn't hold together.