Gold Tip Insert other than brass

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

WRC

Gold Tip Insert other than brass

Post by WRC »

are there any other inserts that will work with Gold Tips besides the 90 grain brass insert. I would like to use an aluminum insert and adjust the weight to achieve the 350 grain minimum with either a weight adjustable insert or weight rings behind the broadhead. Anybody got any ideas.
Thanks
Roy
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

The gold tip aluminum inserts work with their weighting system that allows you to add as much weight as you like. I didn't want/need the full 90 gns either, so I went with the aluminum insert which I believe weighs 30 grns and then added the weights to tune for FOC. This also allowed me to use 100 grn BH which are found in more brands/styles than the 125's.

My setup:

GoldTip LII @ 20 inches - 172 grains
Blazer vanes - 19 grains
Aluminum insert - 30 grains
weights - one 20 grain
Tracer nock - 42 grain
BH - 100 grain

~ FOC - 12.1%
~ Bolt weight - 390 grains
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
WRC

Gold tips

Post by WRC »

Makomachine
What aluminum insert did you use, i did not see that gold tip gave me any choice except the brass one. Thanks
Roy
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

I just got mine in yesterday and I had the choice of either. Attached is the link from the site I ordered my shaft and components from - no hassles, shipped right away. Your choice of insert when you order the shaft from them - or you can order only the inserts by themselves if you have shafts. You can see the weight system on this page as well.

http://www.above-timberline.com/gold%20 ... onents.htm
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH