Cocking aid----cocking problem.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

the elf

Cocking aid----cocking problem.

Post by the elf »

Sometimes when I use the cocking aid with the hooks opening upwards----it pushes the arrow holder down into the slot [string rides over top of arrow holder]----I have re bent the arrow holder and it seems to help,and also bent the front tip of arrow holder higher----if I put hooks opening down it is not so much of a problem-----is it just me ? or has any one else had problems? I am only 5ft. 7 ins. and have no problems using cocking aid for last few years----it has just started recently and is quickly becoming a P.I.T.A. :?
A.W

Post by A.W »

The hook openings should always be facing down. That is the hooks go over the top of the string.

mms://216.12.165.82/Media/excalibur/high/rope_cocking_300k.wmv
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
saxman

Post by saxman »

I was told the hooks should be down
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
the elf

Post by the elf »

A.W.-----can`t get link to open--------Saxman congats on your deer----wellI tried with hooks down------works better------I spray painted one handle----so I will know to put that one in my right hand and hooks will be down. Thanks guys----getting lots of hunting in-------but the Murphy clan seem to be with me.--------.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Thats a good idea Elf,painting one side,I might do that
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
awshucks

rope cocker

Post by awshucks »

Guys, I have two rope cockers, both have "Excalibur" on one handle while the other one is plain.
"Eze 18:21"
the elf

Post by the elf »

Awshucks-----yes my newer cocking aids are the same as yours----but I find that if I am in a hurry----the extra splash of colour will help me.However I am also still using the original rope cocker that says Briggs&Stratton on the handles------remember them? ELF. :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I did not notice the logo on the one handle . . .I painted mine too! Now I barely have to look.

I'm a fairly short guy, 5'9", and had trouble using the cocking rope to uncock the 225# EXOMAX. I am using a string to trip the trigger after I get the rope in position. Anyone have a better way for us short-armed people? I can cock and uncock by hand, but, that's way too much like work . . .I gun for fun.
swiftfox

cocking aid cocking problems

Post by swiftfox »

Guys I am also vertically challanged. 5'5". I have used the old Briggs & Stratton cocking aid since day one. I find hooks down works best, but I make sure that I have both hooks aligned tight to rail. I am shooting a older vixen,however my body weight and pulling weight on the bow are almost equal. Therefore I try to get it right the first time. Hopes this helps.
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

sumner4991 wrote:I did not notice the logo on the one handle . . .I painted mine too! Now I barely have to look.

I'm a fairly short guy, 5'9", and had trouble using the cocking rope to uncock the 225# EXOMAX. I am using a string to trip the trigger after I get the rope in position. Anyone have a better way for us short-armed people? I can cock and uncock by hand, but, that's way too much like work . . .I gun for fun.
I'm 5'5" and shortened my rope so I have to pull my string up a bit to hook it on and off, but that works really well for me. Nailpolish works good too for colour-coding :P
Skeeter

It's not the aptitude but the attitude that determines the altitude!