Enough Freakin Rain!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

Enough Freakin Rain!

Post by Big John »

After weeks of this rain crap, I've almost had enough. Only had one good day without rain to hunt so far in weeks and my Vari-zone wouldn't co-operate. Glare so much couldn't see a twenty-two yd. shot. Sat out today in the rain for hours again , better that than staying home I say.
After working all week during hunting season, I can't even think about staying in on the weekends. Not even during Hail or snow or tornado's.

Anyway I need to know if there is anyway to get the "glare" off the Vari-zone lens? I don't want to lose another good shot at a nice Buck.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
brownie

Post by brownie »

Yes I agree with all this rain. Enough is enough. Im not a fair season hunter but when you work all day and then finish with rain or drizzle it is just harder to get dressed to be out there for a couple of hours. Cheers!!!

brownie
Normous

Post by Normous »

We hunted in the 82 area this soggy weekend :cry: ...thank God we didn't get stuck. Glad I put new Toyo 35x12.5x18 M/T on the monster truck. :D
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Actually John, I would rather it rained during this time (the doldrums of October). I have it raining after the 24th as things start to pick up. Nice cold clear nights with a sharp frost and sunny cool days. WOOOOOW. I can hear them running through the woods looking for hot does, warm does, any does. It will be fun as the weather should be good for a few weeks once this weather breaks.
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
saxman

Post by saxman »

We got rained out this morning but decided to go tonight and it was miserable.We hung in there but no deer just squirels.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

The worst rainy days are the ones i usually seen the most deer, this morning had 2 does almost step on me, they came to about 7-8 feet of me stoped and stared right at me, they got lucky that it was still dark, not legal to shot, and at that time you can't really see anything trough the scope. an hour later had another doe sneak behind me to within 10 yds but never had a shot at it.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Rain doesn't bother me anymore, because my camo pants and jacket are totally waterproof, so I'm 100% dry in the rain. Only thing that gets wet sometimes are my hands.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The rain has been messy up us farmers big time. Can not harvest the soybeans or corn, can not plant winter wheat, too wet to plow or do other tillage .
A.W

Re: Enough Freakin Rain!

Post by A.W »

John wrote: Glare so much couldn't see a twenty-two yd. shot.
You might have some grease/body oil on your lenses. Try cleaning them then put some anti-fog stuff on them. You can get the anti-fog at a local drug store. I've never had that problem.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
deerman

Re: Enough Freakin Rain!

Post by deerman »

[quote="
Anyway I need to know if there is anyway to get the "glare" off the Vari-zone lens? I don't want to lose another good shot at a nice Buck.[/quote]I use the "Blizzard scope covers" when the moment of truth comes I just flip them up to clear lens.
Big John

rain

Post by Big John »

A.W: Thanks for the info. I never let anything touch my lense's except glass cloth. I have not tried the Anti-fog stuff as yet though. I was out yesterday and it was terrible, however I went to the same stand to see how the glare was affecting the lense. It seems to me that at the same time the sun goes down (just before) The position of my stand verses the position of the sun is what gives the glare. I could change the position of my stand a bit, but it will cut down on a bit of left swing allowance, which I'd like to keep if possible.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

I hear ya john. I don't want to try to follow a sparse blood trail in the rain, so I would have to pass on anything but a guaranteed shot. Not worth losing the animal.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
dschnarr

Post by dschnarr »

snowing out hear know . To bad I've got to work tomorrow.
A.W

Post by A.W »

We need a new weatherman!! More rain this weekend. It's getting to me.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
brownie

Post by brownie »

Im begining to not like this weather eathier, but I hope that is stays this poopy for the shotgun season, that way it might give me a chance to shoot one after the shotgun season. Cheers!!!

brownie