Maxpoint Buckmaster report, I like it

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

shurite44

Maxpoint Buckmaster report, I like it

Post by shurite44 »

Ok, first thanks to Digger for the info I needed on this bow.

Paid 230 +35 shipping on a one day auction.

Good shape overall. The serving needed to be retied. The holes where the quiver bracket bolts into were stripped, easily fixed.

Besides that it was in good shape. I took off the hornet 4x32 and put on a BSA red dot I had laying around. Put on the bowhning (sp?)quiver and used Thunderbolt with 125 grain four point Muzzy's, I think ended up around 458 grains.

My impressions on how it fires. It is impressive. :D Shoots as hard as my old Barnett revolution, maybe harder, definitely harder than my 200# exomag. I do not have any way to verify speed though, but it went all the way through my block on a shot, I nearly lost my bolt, LOL.

Seems to be accurate. I have not shot it enough yet to know how accurate it is. I would be very comfortable if I had my varizone scope on it. But this bow is for my buddy and he likes peep sights, so I thought he may like to try the red dot.

It is a quiet bow, and very smooth. It is an excalibur stock and trigger so you guys know how smooth that release is. Little heavy but nothing I could not get used to.

Just some thoughts for you guys. These maxpoints are readily available on ebay in case someone is looking. Good way to get a descent xbow at a fair price. Of course you always are taking a chance with a used product off ebay. And I have of course read some of the posts on here about this bow blowing up. That is why I went with a heavier bolt. Just hope I have better luck.
kev

Post by kev »

they definetly smoke. I still have one, sold another new one I had here on the boards not long ago. I had bought the pair on a closeout sale a couple years back.

Probably one of the best wheel bows out there still. Far better than any Horton's or Barnett's. Better than the Parker I owned also. I've not owned a Ten Point but, they get good reviews and look to be of good quality.

I'm sure it would be a top seller if it was still being made today.
Xman

Maxpoint

Post by Xman »

I've owned a Maxpoint over 3 yrs. now, I have not had any problems with it at all, Had the cables and string changed, due to cable fraying(one strand).Shot a Buck over 50yds, it hit him like a train, shot a Doe 10/15/06 21yds. no problems using slick tricks 100gr GoldTip series2 bolts. Just keep your serving well waxed and use rail lube. The vari-zone scope is the way to go, I can bullseye the Block target at 10,20,30,40,and 50yds. It is on, getting an Exomax for X-mas, I will never part with my Maxpoint. I met Mr. and Mrs. Bill T, 3yrs. ago in Perry, GA. and he told me what I had. If you have any problems, I will be glad to help any way I can, I have to gie a lot of thanks to Lone Wolf for helping me.
Xman