Scared the s#$@ outa me...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Scared the s#$@ outa me...

Post by DrDan »

As some of you know, I am also a coyote hunter. My most productive time is in the nights. Anyhow I went out last night and had'nt even set up my electronic call and the local fire department blew off their main whistle at the fire station. Shortly after out came the trucks blowing their sirens past the woods where I was setup at. Not a single coyote howled but all of a sudden about 150 to 200 yards away a bobcat screamed. Oh my gosh they can set the hair up on your neck. I called for about a half hour from that setup, but man I had my eyes peeled for a cat coming in fast. Thank god it didn't because I no dowubt would have nailed it and there is no open seaason on them in Ohio. Such is life when you hunt the hunters.

DrDan
readyeddie

Post by readyeddie »

I have been having bobcat troubles this week.They are killing my chickens if i see them they are dead.They sound like a old lady screaming makes your hair stand up on top of your head don't it.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Maybe that's what got my hens... Yes I think my heart took about 15 minutes to slow down again. I'll tell you what, I like my hens and the eggs they give me a hell of a lot better than any stinking cat wild or not. If I see it - it'll be a duster.

DrDan
TYE

Post by TYE »

I used to hunt at a farm that had cougars living around there. I was always on the lookout. Didn't want one of them buggers to get me. :shock:
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

#4 jump traps fellows is the answer. I use a white feather dangling from a peice of monofilament for an attractor above the set. Use stepping sticks jammed on end, stuck in the ground to guide them into the set.