Daco Scropion

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Lee

Daco Scropion

Post by Lee »

I just pick up daco scropion 150lb. crossbow. it looks like it was never used, and it will match my excalibur relayer, they almost look the same. it will be a nice matching set, before and after. Lee
Tom

Post by Tom »

Lee the Daco Scropion is a very pretty bow. At the time of their production, they were also a good bow, actually one of the best on the market at the time. You will find out when shooting the Daco, that their trigger is not good at all. Very tight trigger and that you need to push in the saftey button behind the trigger when shooting (making your hand cockeyed when pulling the trigger) will make it an unpleasent task to shoot. The Relayer was years above the Daco when it came out.

The daco is still a good bow, very pretty, but not in the class of the Relayer or other Excalibur bows.

Good find for you.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Do either of you guys have a picture you could post of the scorpion? I would like to see what it looks like if possible.
'
Thanks,Al.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Sorry Allan I do not have a picture of one. My uncle, brother and a good friend still have one. My uncle's and brother's had the trigger reworked to get rid of the terrible saftey and trigger on them. But my firend's is still orginal, but it is just a wall unit, he does not bow hunt any more.

They are very simular to the Relayer, single limb, wood stock. The stock is not as durrable as the relayer's, it has sharper edges at the but of the stock and has a nice comfortable design near the trigger. The stock is also laminated with a light/dark grain (3 to 5) layers.
Tom
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi Tom I dont plan on shooting the daco as for the relayer it was one of the first ones Bill T. made at his spam table, they used the same limb. some were on this web. you will see a picture of my relayer it was at the open house a few years back. Lee
Tom

Post by Tom »

Lee I looked at all the Relayers at that open house. I still hunt with my Relayer. I got mine dirrectly from the Farm where it was made. Kathy sighted it in and showed me the in and outs of the bow. I got to see first hand how good she can shoot. I actually took my bow to the open house for other members to see, handle and shoot. I still personally think that the Relayer is the sweetest shooting bow that they had made. Here is a pic of my Relayer, it has been posted on here before.

By the way, I personally would shoot the Daco. Shooting it would only make you love your excals more :D . They are still a more then capable bow.
Tom
BOB VANDRISH

DACO SCORPION

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Would anyone happen to know where you can buy just the recurve bow for one of these?
I made a homemade crossbow years ago using a car spring for the bow,and it was too powerful to pull back without a special lever.
I would like to restore it,with a retrofit of just the bow portion.
Lots of sentimental value to it,as I did fire it a few times before the lever broke!!
The design was in a Popular Mechanics "Do It Yourself" book,from 1955!
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Bob that is THE ? .......... to get a hold of one of those limbs is very difficult. That is to get hold of one in great shape. When AstroDaco went out of business, Bill bought all of their single limbs for the Relayer. When they became short is stock, Bill & Kathy changed the design to the two limb model simular to todays bows.

If you keep a close eye out, you might be able to find one, but I have been looking for a backup limb for my bow for many years. BUt I will also not pay alot for the spare limb.

Good luck in your search.
Tom
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi Tom, if you can find the pictures on here, my bow has a walnut stock with a raised cheek piece a maple butt plate. when it was at the show I had a blue & black flemish twist string on it. Lee
Digger

Post by Digger »

Lee wrote:Hi Tom, if you can find the pictures on here, my bow has a walnut stock with a raised cheek piece a maple butt plate. when it was at the show I had a blue & black flemish twist string on it. Lee
Are one of these yours. Three of the pics I took at the Open House in 2003

Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Lee

Post by Lee »

HI Digger thanks for the pictures but my bow is not there it looks like it mite the the butt on the second picture.
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

Bob Vandrish, if you are still looking for a bow from the scorpion, there is a complete one on Ebay right now. May be what you are after :?:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/DACO-SCORPION_W0QQit ... dZViewItem

..Al.