The Snort Wheeze Call

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Perch74

The Snort Wheeze Call

Post by Perch74 »

When should you use a snort wheeze call. l notice that most call manufacturers make this call but l don't here many people talking about doing this call in the wild.
Thanks in advance
Adrian J Hare

Post by Adrian J Hare »

Put up - or shut up

Good reply bstout...
Ontario Hunting Lodge
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Ont_Hunting_Lodge/index.php?act=idx
just a feed boy

Post by just a feed boy »

I use the grunt snort weez call during the rut just as it is getting light. One of my requirements is that I have to been in my stand and silent for a 1/2 hour before using the full sequense. I have had one deer to date in 5 seasons come in to my sequence. When it happens be ready for a monster. I start with a doe can call, wait a minute or two then use two different qrunt tubes I simulate tending grunts of a younger buck on one. after a little foreplay. The grunt, snort and weeze come into play. Then a light rattling sequnce with the horns, I might even thrash some brush with the horns. then When it is all done, the dominate grunt tube makes a series of T T T. Like only a buck makes after mating or after a victory in fight. any big boys in the area come in in 10 minutes or less. The one I shot was right at the 10 minute mark, he was looking to kick some but. but got the shaft.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

when you know they are fighting or rutting hard is when I would use it.. I bought one this year mainly to use when field hunting and a mature bucks walks out about 200 yards off. When used with a decoy, it has potential to work very well... now if they buck doesnt come, he's either to smart or not the biggest there