So close, yet no shot!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Big John

So close, yet no shot!

Post by Big John »

Out today for the entire afternoon 12:00 till 4:30.
Anniversary today (24 yrs.), not allowed to stay longer, (dinner and all).
Anyway saw a nice Buck, 8 point for sure about 100 yds. away and wouldn't come closer even with grunting and scents.
Then another 6 to 8 point about 2:30, again only about 75 yds. no closer.
Then around 3:00 another beauty 8 point, huge body comes across the field scraping and sniffing, comes to about 50 ft. from me and is in the thick stuff, same place the last 6 point was I told you about (scope glare)
he was rubbing branches and licking but he wouldn't give me a clear shot through the thick stuff. Then he walks out towards my scent wicks and stops, starts pawing the ground, urinates, then walks farther the other way into the thick stuff. :evil: :evil:
Well I decided to clear a shooting lane through the thick stuff where they pass through and next time, Whammo!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Just imagine if you could have stayed later!!!! :twisted: Just kidding, My anniversary is on the 11th so i will have the controlled hunt cut a little short. Figures the year i got married (03) the controlled was the first week of November. Rooky mistake i guess. Anyways HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. And good luck scoring..................the big one.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

You guys: I hope you now understand why June is so popular of a month to marry, what can you mess up but a little fishing. Think about renewing your vows in June. They will never know.
Big John

so close

Post by Big John »

You have no idea how much I wanted to stay. :evil:
But the Wife is Boss on Anniversaries. :wink:
Almost every year on our Anniversary I get a Deer, and she gets a call to come help. Today was so close, and she had a feeling I was going to get one. She was very happy to not get the call!
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

I was married the first week of October. Needless to say moose hunting is very expensive for me. First pay for the trip then rent on the doghoouse for awhile. :lol:
munch

Post by munch »

i,m a little green. know a fair bit about deer and bear and moose and turkey and ice fishin and bows and arrows and makin bullits and tellin lies but i don,t think i,ve heard of one of those anniversary things :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Close encounters ... got to love em ! .... sounds like a good spot !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "