point of impact

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

point of impact

Post by M&M »

Well it is settled at least for me. today I sighted in my exocet with my new replacement vari zone scope on the ground dead on at ten to fifty yard ranges and I wanted to see if there was any or how much difference in point of impact from elevated position so I shot from the roof of my house about 14-15ft high and at 20 and 30 yards my point of impact was exactly the same as on the ground. M&M
saxman

Post by saxman »

I had the same result.
I was worried about the POI from the stand but it was the same or close enough to put meat on the table.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

Tried that also when I got my Varizone this year and it was the same for me off my roof.
new paradox

Post by new paradox »

With my bow there doesn't seem to be much tragectory difference under 30 yards,so I don't wury about it.
GaryL

Re: point of impact

Post by GaryL »

M&M wrote:Well it is settled at least for me. today I sighted in my exocet with my new replacement vari zone scope on the ground dead on at ten to fifty yard ranges and I wanted to see if there was any or how much difference in point of impact from elevated position so I shot from the roof of my house about 14-15ft high and at 20 and 30 yards my point of impact was exactly the same as on the ground. M&M
M&M I am a little lost here with your statement :? Do you mean at a measured distance of 20 and 30 yards from your roof ? If so their should have been no change. However if you mean you left the targets at 20 and 30 yards from a on the ground range then shoot from your roof impact had to change.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
M&M

Post by M&M »

I mean that after sighting in on the ground I remeasured from the spot on the roof to 20 and 30yd marks and then shot and had the same point of impact. M&M
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Right on :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!