MI Dove Hunting Season Voted Down

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

deerman

MI Dove Hunting Season Voted Down

Post by deerman »

On the ballot this past Tuesday was a proposal to have a Dove hunting season in MI. It was defeated by 65% to 35%, so you know now the Anti-Hunting group is now going to attack our Bear hunting hear in MI.This is a very big setback for the hunter. :cry:
exocet

Post by exocet »

Wow, that sucks!! 65 to 35 is a huge loss. That really shocks me, I thought Michigan was a big pro hunting state? Jack.
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Exocet wrote: Wow, that sucks!! 65 to 35 is a huge loss. That really shocks me, I thought Michigan was a big pro hunting state? Jack.

I thought so too. It realy worries me.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
shawn_b

Post by shawn_b »

that sucks come to ohio I went out opening day and went thru a box of shells in 45 min. got 3 my dumb ass only brought 1 box.Lots of good shooting hear in sw ohio all on state land
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

I think I'll go out and blast a few. They been raiding my freaking cracked corn I put out for the deer. There must have been 40 of them out there this afternoon.

Sunday dinner here we come...

DrDan
PRB

Post by PRB »

Maybe talk to the right people in Wisconsin and get it reinstated in a year or two. Sorry about your loss but dont give up.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
deerman

Post by deerman »

PRB wrote:Maybe talk to the right people in Wisconsin and get it reinstated in a year or two. Sorry about your loss but dont give up.
We already had a Dove season in the southeren counties that border OHIO and INDIANA but the ANTI_HUNTING group went and had it stoped until there was a state vote this past Tues.This just shows how much power the ANTI'S have.Dont let them take away your freedom to hunt.
Country

Post by Country »

This is really bad news. The anti will be emboldened by this success and you can bet it's coming to your state eventually. I don't see any way to stop them. As hunters we have always tried to be low key so as not to affend the non-hunting public. Most of us no longer tie our deer kills to the front fender of our trucks. Instead we cover them in a tarp and try to hide them from the public. How could we get organized enough to raise money and public awareness of the value and virtue of hunting against the well funded anti groups? Maybe it won't matter in the long run as the new congress will do their best to outlaw bullets and arrows anyway.