New Excal. compound next year?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kev

New Excal. compound next year?

Post by kev »

I was picking up some cover scent at the local shop today, quite a few hunters in after the morning hunt B.S'ing.

Anyways this one fella said Excalibur will be coming out with a new model compound crossbow for next year? Supposebly super fast, bla,bla,bla, I told him they had built one ( Maxpoint) for Bear Archery a few years back, but have discontinued it.

Anyways he new about the old Paradox/Maxpoint and insisted a new model was in the works. He also said Ten Point will have a new bow exceeding 375fps. next year.

So is there some kind of resurrected Paradox/Maxpoint in the Excalibur skunk works?
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

I heard from a good source that the Ecomax was losing the title soon also! He did not say to who or what bow. Just what we need, faster horses, younger women etc.
JR

Post by JR »

I haven't heard anything about a new xbow, but I did hear that they are coming out with a new scope. I'm pretty sure that the guy said it will be a lighted reticle on a vari-zone.

-Jason
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
kev

Post by kev »

I could use a lighted scope, theres been a few times it would help alot. As long as theres a reostat to turn down the light. Some of them are awfully bright.

I have a Bushnell 3X9 with crosshairs that glow on my calling rifle, no battery you have to use a flashlight to charge the luminus crosshairs. It works very well for me.
A.W

Post by A.W »

I don't see Excal coming out with a new compound. Their forte is recurve.

Now a Varizone with red on/of lights on the crosshair and tips of the triangles at the 10,30 and 40 yard marks would be nice. These old eyes don't see well in the twilight.

I don't know if it would be possible to calibrate the dots, crosshair and triagles at the same time but I wouldn't mind zeroing them in seperately.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GA.crossbowhunt

Post by GA.crossbowhunt »

the scope idea does sound intresting. i got 2 xbows now and both are excals and as much as i like to get another one but no room for them.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I have a maxpoint and I can tell you if they want they can build a good one.

Very accurate and shoots as hard as anything I have ever shot including the barnett revolution.

I would probably buy one if they built it.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Sorry to show my ignorance, but what the heck is a maxpoint???
kev

Post by kev »

Big Al. Excalibur developed and manufactured a good deal of parts for a Bear/Jennings compound crossbow a few years back.

In the U.S. it was called a Buckmasters Maxpoint, Canadian model was the Paradox. Rated at 330 fps. A very well built and hard hitting bow, I still have one and use it from time to time.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Thank you Kev for the quick education!
JR

Post by JR »

Kev,

I had the Paradox and it was rated at 350 fps IIRC

-Jason.
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

By the way it was Dan Miller that mentioned to me via telephone that the max was not going to be the fastest xbow for vary much longer, there is a new xbox coming out soon that would be faster. Having gone through the speed craze in cars, rifles and computers, I know now the winners were the people that made and sold to me!
kev

Post by kev »

well. with a few more states opening crossbow seasons that adds alot of $$$$ to manufacturers market share. I'm sure Bill T. runs the numbers and if it's in the Companies benefit for a new bow to capture a piece of that market so be it.

Excalibur has reached far more of the U.S. market than when I purchased my first crossbow 4 years ago. I bought a Horton and a Barnett, as I did'nt even know of Excalibur, nobody had them in shops around here.

Then after owning a computer and discovering this site. Well the rest is history as I only have Excal's now and 1 Maxpoint. I really believe this forum is the best advertisement Excalibur has invested in. It sold me right off the bat, as I'm sure it has a few others also :D Notice Ten Points new forum :wink:

Still alot of buyers lean towards crossbows with wheels, so if Excal. came out with another wheel bow who could blame them for capitalizing on that market. I'm sure there'll be a few people in line to plunk down $1200.00 for that fancy Bowtec Striker thing.

A longer stroke Maxpoint/Paradox with heavier limbs would probably hit 360 fps+. with a 450 gr. bolt. All they'd probably have to source out are the limbs amd cams/cables.

With the quality name Excalibur has built for itself, the bow would sell itself. Just check out other forums, how many negatives do you see?

Most everbody has these computers now and use them to research products. I just wish I had one before my crossbow adventures started, it would have covered the price of this computer :?
exocet

Post by exocet »

I know guys that love the Excals, but do not like the width, so they usually take their Hortons out because they aren`t as side. To me, the width has no bearing, but to some guys it does. so if ecal makes another wheel bow, it will be less wide and appeal to other guys. Bill probably knows this. As for the lighted recticle. I hope it is only an option on their scopes as I like that the Excal scope is uner $100. If it is lighted, I could see it being much more money. I hope excal makes both models. Jack.