Any other women here?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Any other women here?

Post by VixChix »

Just curious - wondering if there are any other women on this board? Often I feel like I'm the only woman wearing camo (although I know it's far from true!) I've been mistaken for a guy when I've met other hunters in the woods and it's made for some funny and awkward moments once or twice :oops: Would love to share stories and encourage each other!

Jodi
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Be a couple hiding in the back ground, however VixChix they kinda keep in the back ground fer some reason :? Image glad to have ya here .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
mtbyak

Post by mtbyak »

I do know that there are some others out there, but they are not very active in posting :?

Welcome to the forum & glad to read your adventures etc.

What area do you hunt?

Shoot Straight
Kirk
A bad day hunting, is better then a good day of work
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hi Kirk!

I'm in the KW area - home of Excalibur. :D

I hunt on friends' farm properties in the area. We also usually go north for rifle season but it wasn't possible this year so we shotgun hunted locally instead.
TALON

Post by TALON »

im TALON's daughter. were in Ontario, and i know how u feel about the part where u have beeen mistaken for a guy. i've been there, i went trick or treating with a friend of mine and i was in my camo, and a guy thought that i was her boyfriend, but oh well, we just played along with it. hahaha, but yea, welcome to the forum.

Leah
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hi Leah! Great to see you posting here! Was it your Dad that got you into hunting? What a great way to grow up with a Dad who teaches his daughter hunting. GOOD FOR YOU and GOOD FOR HIM!!!

Had to laugh about your Trick or Treating incident... Speaking of camo, don't you love seeing all those people wearing "fashion camo" out there days? Bet they couldn't find their way around in the woods if their life depended on it!

So tell us about your very first hunting memories...
DJ test

Post by DJ test »

Don't feel bad. My wife-(not a crossbow hunter )has the same problem.We take our son hunting for turkey and on several occasions she has been asked what her name is. When she says Valarie ,they kinda stop and hesitate.I t doesen't bother me but I am sure it urks her. I would not trade her for the world as she is as dedicated as I am to the hunting issue. The only reason she doesn't hunt with a crossbow is that she cannot cock my Paradox. Wish i could afford a lighter crossbow,but we will live with it. Just remember ,we are there for the hunt and comradry.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Sup 8) The name's TYE. :wink:

Haha just kidding.

Hello and welcome to the forum :D
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Don't feel bad. My wife-(not a crossbow hunter )has the same problem.We take our son hunting for turkey and on several occasions she has been asked what her name is. When she says Valarie ,they kinda stop and hesitate.I t doesen't bother me but I am sure it urks her. I would not trade her for the world as she is as dedicated as I am to the hunting issue. The only reason she doesn't hunt with a crossbow is that she cannot cock my Paradox. Wish i could afford a lighter crossbow,but we will live with it. Just remember ,we are there for the hunt and comradry.
A few years ago I had a hernia issue and was not suppose to cock my bow. How I got around it was my Dad would come and cock the bow for me then be an extra set of eyes and ears in a ground blind. Give this a try, cock the bow for her and let her do the shooting.
the elf

Post by the elf »

Don -------buy a crankeroo------you both can use it.-----ELF. :D :D
swiftfox

welcome

Post by swiftfox »

Hello vixchix yes there are other women hunters out there is excalibur land. Been hunting for 30 years. Heard all of the jokes good and bad about women hunters. Just get out there and have fun. I hunt with a vixen crossbow and also shotgun. Nice to see that you are posting on the form
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Hey Vixchix glad to see another Lady hunter aboard....
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!