Sling Stix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Makomachine

Sling Stix

Post by Makomachine »

Just picked up some Sling Stix for my Encore 7mm Rem Mag as I needed a new sling anyway.

Initial Impressions:

Sling comfort/performance: The sling is comfortable but not the most comfortable I've used. The stix are a little stiff on the shoulder without a coat - with a coat, could not tell they were there. The neoprene backing on the sling stix cover does a nice job of holding the rifle on my shoulder. Grade: "B"

Stix performance: Not the best stix I've used for sure, but a great alternative for carrying a seperate set with you. I can see their value on a quick shot with a rifle. I don't like the way they "float" with the sling though and wish they had found a way to anchor them to the the fore grip of your gun when deployed. However, after getting used to them they are serviceable for quick shot opportunities. Grade: "B-"

Deployment: They do deploy very quickly and are fairly easy to stow away after use. They are noisy when opened, but no more noisy (maybe less) than other collapsable shooting sticks I've used. Grade: "A"

They get a "B" from me for a quick, stowable alternative to other shooting aids. I use a Steddy Eddy on my Phoenix and these won't replace that tool. The Steddy Eddy is the best I've used - these are a fair alternative for those who don't want to mount the Steddy Eddy or don't want the extra weight/inconvenience. I will say that these are much more limited in their quick deployment capabilities for a xbow hunter due to the noise factor though - and they don't provide near the solid hold the Steddy Eddy provides.
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
shawn_b

Post by shawn_b »

good info i was thinking of geting one for my muzzleloader