Dan Miller FFF string

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Perch74

Dan Miller FFF string

Post by Perch74 »

Anyone use his string, and any comments on it?
Thanks
awshucks

strings

Post by awshucks »

I get my strings from Danny. I think he gets $8 for Excel and $9 for FFF. I use both, and at those prices, I don't bother to reserve. I'd have to either pick the old serving off, mail [twice], find it better for me to just re-string. I know you guys that reserve will get a laugh outta this, but ever since I bought a $9.95 Lee Loader and ended up $1500 into cartridge reloading...... lol.
"Eze 18:21"
wabi

Re: strings

Post by wabi »

awshucks wrote:I get my strings from Danny. I think he gets $8 for Excel and $9 for FFF. I use both, and at those prices, I don't bother to reserve. I'd have to either pick the old serving off, mail [twice], find it better for me to just re-string. I know you guys that reserve will get a laugh outta this, but ever since I bought a $9.95 Lee Loader and ended up $1500 into cartridge reloading...... lol.
I think the only person I ever knew that bought a Lee loader and never moved on to a press was my dad. He had more patience than I do, for sure. He had an old hardwood block about 2" x 12" x 18" that he'd set on the table in the utility room and load for hours. Claimed he preferred the Lee loader to a press because the pounding with a plastic hammer knocked the residue out of the cases. I can still remember the primers popping when he'd whack too hard seating them. :lol:
wabi