Barbecued Venison

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

Dang, sounds yummy. I'm gonna try that.
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

Sounds good! That reminds me of a marinade I used many times with great success. I used Wild Turkey, cloves a small amount of dill and half of the green onion and a dash of allspice. Refrigerate for 24 hours, flipping every time you think about it. TYE, you would like this for your black bear meat. You'll think your eating fine beef.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Big Al wrote:Sounds good! That reminds me of a marinade I used many times with great success. I used Wild Turkey, cloves a small amount of dill and half of the green onion and a dash of allspice. Refrigerate for 24 hours, flipping every time you think about it. TYE, you would like this for your black bear meat. You'll think your eating fine beef.
May have to try that too :)
A.W

Post by A.W »

Seems to me that this forum could start it's own cooking show.

Sounds good Bob. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
TYE

Post by TYE »

A.W wrote:Seems to me that this forum could start it's own cooking show.

I was actually thinking we should have a Recipe Section on the forum. :!:
Big Al

Post by Big Al »

The funny part about this marinade is the first time I used it, it was on a black bear shoulder for a Thanksgiving dinner for about 40 folks. I didn't get to the party until the battle was half over, I had people asking me where in Alaska did I find such fine beef. Some folks had decided that it had to have come from Kodiak island or that I had raised the cow myself. None of them believed me when I told them what it was. Luck was on my side when I found the 180 grain .308 slug in the shoulder joint, and asked them if you think I would shoot a cow? None of these people had ever eaten black bear, some got green, some went for more. People are sure some funny animals!
A.W

Post by A.W »

Big Al.

Funny how some people enjoy what they're eating till you tell them.

If they new the contents of a lot of food such as hotdogs they would starve. :lol:

TYE

Post by TYE »

Big Al wrote:The funny part about this marinade is the first time I used it, it was on a black bear shoulder for a Thanksgiving dinner for about 40 folks. I didn't get to the party until the battle was half over, I had people asking me where in Alaska did I find such fine beef. Some folks had decided that it had to have come from Kodiak island or that I had raised the cow myself. None of them believed me when I told them what it was. Luck was on my side when I found the 180 grain .308 slug in the shoulder joint, and asked them if you think I would shoot a cow? None of these people had ever eaten black bear, some got green, some went for more. People are sure some funny animals!
:lol:
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Now THAT sounds GREAT! I've been looking for a slow cooker, roast recipe - going to have to try that one on the next deer!
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

TYE wrote:
A.W wrote:Seems to me that this forum could start it's own cooking show.

I was actually thinking we should have a Recipe Section on the forum. :!:
Sounds like a good idea!! Maybe even just a "sticky"?

The marinade I like to use for steak/kabobs/chops/turkey breast is:
1/4-1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons veg. oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons coriander
1 teaspoon chill powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 garlic cloves pressed
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 teaspoon savory

Blend ingredients in fry pan. Heat until boiling, while stirring. Let cool. With meat in a big ziploc pour marinade in. Make sure meat is nicely covered. Let marinade for at least a half hour.

Cooked on a charcoal grill the taste is mouth watering.

Sometimes I add other ingredients to the marinade, such as worchestershire sauce, tabassco.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
TYE

Post by TYE »

I've printed all the recipe's on this thread, and my mom's gonna whip them up for me. :)
Tom

Post by Tom »

TYE wrote:I've printed all the recipe's on this thread, and my mom's gonna whip them up for me. :)
Tye ............. Does your mom have a rule that Banns you from the spam. Get into the spam and whip them up yourself.

Good luck.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Neat recipes, maybe i'll give them a try. Was cutting up the deer yesterday, the one we got on area 47, and they are just covered in layers of fat up there, mothing compared with the ones that we get down were in farmland. Once skinned you can peel a layer of fat with you hand, no need for a knife :lol:
TYE

Post by TYE »

Tom wrote:
TYE wrote:I've printed all the recipe's on this thread, and my mom's gonna whip them up for me. :)
Tye ............. Does your mom have a rule that Banns you from the spam. Get into the spam and whip them up yourself.

Good luck.
I don't know what half the stuff is. I'm useless in a spam. Barbeque however.... :D
A.W

Post by A.W »

Tom wrote:Tye ............. Does your mom have a rule that Banns you from the spam. Get into the spam and whip them up yourself.
Good luck.
Probably safer if TYE's not in the spam. :wink: