Quivers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Quivers

Post by TYE »

Will other quivers fit the holes in the quiver mount that comes with an Excalibur?

Like will a bohning quick release quiver or tru glo , etc. fit the excal quiver mount?
wabi

Post by wabi »

I believe they will.
wabi
TYE

Post by TYE »

I may buy the new Excal quiver, but I was thinkin' of lookin' for one that holds 6 bolts.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

How about a belt or shoulder quiver and leave the bow for taking care of business. I hate that thing hanging on my bow. Never use it.

DrDan
Allan

Post by Allan »

I use a quiver belted to my hip.

I want my bow to be combersome (sp?) free.
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

TYE wrote:I may buy the new Excal quiver, but I was thinkin' of lookin' for one that holds 6 bolts.
i'm thinking more of one that will hold two, right now i only carry 3, two broadheads and a bolt with small game set-up.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Tye,

Yes to your question. Most quiver mount holes are universal.

Rich
TYE

Post by TYE »

DrDan: Naw I don't want a hip quiver. I like having the quiver attached to the bow. When shooting and in my stand or sitting, I take the quiver off.

Rich: Thanks, that's what I was wondering.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Dare I say try a groundpounder mount???
Why ride when you can walk!
TYE

Post by TYE »

groundpounder wrote:Dare I say try a groundpounder mount???
I've been thinking about it :) But right now I'm thinking of quivers. I have the old excal quiver with one holder and my bolts come loose all the time.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Tye,
I had the same problem with the old style excal quiver (with only one rubber retainer that holds bolts).
I bought the new style with two rubber retainers and it works great. Bolts never get loose in it. I recommend it.
I saved the old one and I keep my target bolts in it and the other one I use for hunting.
Darz Bór!
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

I was squarely in the "no quiver on my bow" category through my compound bow days and when I started with the new Phoenix. I hated the way the quiver through the balance off the bow and didn't like the extra weight. I've used several hip quivers through the years, and while none were perfect, they got me through OK.

I've since tried out groundpounder's quiver mount and I can tell you that I really like it. Not only does it do a fine job of carrying arrows out of my way when walking through the woods with the xbow slung over my shoulder, but it also improves the balance of the bow IMO. I've thought my Phoenix was a little "teetery" previously (side to side) and the quiver adds some needed mass in the center of the bow and allows me to hold the bow more steady. I'm not the only one that has noticed this - my dad and wife both noticed without me saying anything - so I think you will agree if you try it out.

Tye - I like the Excal quiver but I believe I have the new model which holds the arrows very securely. I have used qwikee quivers in the past and they work fine as well - I'm not sure they will fit however and will defer to others who have tried it. That Tru-glo quiver looks interesting too - if you try it, let us know how it works.
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Tye . . .I took a old piece of velco from a arm sling I had(broken collar bone) and used it to tie the quiver around my waist. I am using the quiver that came with the Right Stuff package. I keep the quiver on my lower back(behind me) with the vanes upright. As I'm walking, it's rarely in the way, the bolts have never come loose and it's relatively easy to reach back and pull out another bolt. Kind of tricky to put a bolt back in after recovery. Give it a try using a old belt . . .I like the velco because I can easily/quickly take it off/on when sitting or field dressing!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I have two Bohning quivers mounted on my excals. You just need the excal mounting bracket and about any quiver will mount.