What a Storm!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

tkstae

What a Storm!!!

Post by tkstae »

Big ice storm hit here Friday and I just got my power back. I'm glad I have a generator to run the furnace blower motor. My furance and hotwater heater are gas, so with that and my fireplace I was able to keep the house warm. That along with a few of the lights and a radio made it liveable. My Son will be out for at least two more days so I moved my generator to his house. We've still have 375,000 people out of power in the St. Louis area. Kind of a scary feeling when your whole world gets unplugged. People are starting to get real mean. I've always been one of those guys that feels the need to be ready incase of a emergency but this one still got me a little nervous. I'm going to put a little more thought into being prepared. On a more serious note. The 2nd rut will be coming in around the 10th of December, and with 1/2 inch of ice on the trees how my suppose to get my Summit climber 20 ft. over the top of that big old buck that i've got picked out. I may have to build an igloo and use it for a blind. Tom
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

tkstae the " igloo and use it for a blind" should work. As for the generator I have two set up and ready to go. Our electric was out for two hours yesterday but they got it back on line for us pretty quick, however some others were with out till late last night.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryM

Post by GaryM »

My wife works for the power company and has been working double shifts since Friday. This is the worst outage they've had in their 100 yr history. We live 15 mi. from the edge of the ice storm, and we never lost power here.
And like tkstae said, the line that seperates us from being either civilized or barbarian is a very thin one.
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Wood stoves work for us...
Last edited by Highlander on Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYE

Re: What a Storm!!!

Post by TYE »

tkstae wrote: I may have to build an igloo and use it for a blind.
:lol: :lol: