Trigger Pull

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ridge Runner

Trigger Pull

Post by Ridge Runner »

I have a small problem with my trigger pull on my phoenix. It seem a lot stiffer than 3 lbs.I have a tendency to pull my shot alot because of the stiff trigger. What about lubrication for the trigger . Is WD-40 o.k. Any information on this would be great. Chow for now... :? :? :? :?
wabi

Post by wabi »

When I get any new crossbow (or gun) I've learned to soak the trigger with WD-40 & blow it out with compressed air a couple of times to get any grease - dirt -dust out of the works. I then lube it with a good oil such as Rem-Oil. Sometimes it makes a great improvement, sometimes it doesn't help much, but it's cheap & easy. :lol:
wabi
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

My maxpoint manual says to use WD-40 to lubricate the trigger. It is the same trigger as the excal.
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Mines been nice from the get go huh.
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS
trky chsr

Post by trky chsr »

The trigger on my new Exocet is crap. I checked it with a good trigger scale and it's about 6 1/2 lbs. I contacted Excal and they said they will fix it right up for me. So after the season I'll take a trip to KW and drop it off. TC
TYE

Post by TYE »

Are the excal triggers adjustable?
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

I have been seeing the E-Z trigger assist on tv lately and can't see any reason it won't work on a crossbow.

http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/

Tar Heel
The old man from the mountain
ch312

Post by ch312 »

Tar Heel wrote:I have been seeing the E-Z trigger assist on tv lately and can't see any reason it won't work on a crossbow.

http://www.ezpulltriggerassist.com/

Tar Heel
$40US + taxes and shipping for that little piece of metal u gotta be kidding me. probly lookin at 60 bucks canadian for that thing.

its been a long time since ive looked at my exomax trigger assembly but if its anything like a guns trigger you can easily lower the weight with a file, shims and a stone.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

These won't fit a factory stock w/o altering the bottom of trigger guard from approximately .360" to under .250", I just called them.
"Eze 18:21"
TYE

Post by TYE »

I'm guessing the triggers aren't adjustable then.. :oops:
A.W

Post by A.W »

I prefer something with a little more pulling pressure. I can see an accidental discharge with a pull that light.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Have you tried getting your finger stronger? I have one of those gel squares from Nike . . .suppose to be a hand strengthener. It has a grove in it for your fingers . . .I just put my trigger finger in the grove and exercise that specific finger once a week. Noticed a big difference in control in a month or so. My wife thought I had lost my mind. However, if you think about it, the trigger finger really doesn't get a good workout! :wink: At least, that's what I told my wife. I thought the trigger on my .270 was too heavy . . .I don't think that anymore.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Well, that company sure has good customer service!! I ordered a couple of them to tinker w/ may put one on a perfectly good triggered Phoenix for 3-D shooting, and have a rifle to play w/ also. The gentleman that took my order [phone only] mis-wrote my credit card # and since we had talked about Excals and he knew of this site, he joined, found me, and then sent a pm to inform me of the problem!! that's service, eh?? I used to compete w/ muzzle loaders until I dinged my rt shoulder up and miss thos double set triggers for offhand target only shooting.
"Eze 18:21"
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

I just bought a new phoenix 3 days ago. The trigger was not as smooth as my old exocet. I use one shot on my handguns, so I used some on the trigger assembly. It made an immediate improvement, it is a cleaner and when it dries it becomes a lubricant that won't pick up dirt.
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

awshucks wrote:Well, that company sure has good customer service!! I ordered a couple of them to tinker w/ may put one on a perfectly good triggered Phoenix for 3-D shooting, and have a rifle to play w/ also. The gentleman that took my order [phone only] mis-wrote my credit card # and since we had talked about Excals and he knew of this site, he joined, found me, and then sent a pm to inform me of the problem!! that's service, eh?? I used to compete w/ muzzle loaders until I dinged my rt shoulder up and miss thos double set triggers for offhand target only shooting.
Awshucks, keep us posted on the E-Z Pull
Thanks Tar Heel Martinfaw on hunting .net
The old man from the mountain