tree stands

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grappledad

tree stands

Post by grappledad »

I've never used a crossbow from a treestand but with the price of arrows I'm useing one now.I've got a summit viper and I ordered a gun rest for it. Does anyone else have this setup and how do you like it?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I use a viper (amongst others) but I do not use the gun rest.

Just my two cents worth, I think it gets in the way.
TNXBow

Post by TNXBow »

I have a Summit Viper and ordered a gun rest a couple of years ago. It was plastic and broke within few weeks. I never bothered to replace it because to me it is just as easy to rest the gun or crossbow in the stand.
GREY OWL

Re: tree stands

Post by GREY OWL »

grappledad wrote:I've never used a crossbow from a treestand but with the price of arrows I'm useing one now.I've got a summit viper and I ordered a gun rest for it. Does anyone else have this setup and how do you like it?
I hear you grappledad, don't mind damaging a few blades, but when the whole arrow goes missing, that hurts.

Both of my ladderstands have gun rests and I just love them. That's where I rest my xbow, while waiting for deer. In fact I'm modifying one to have a bench or table top, so not only I can rest my Xbow but also my head when I'm tired. Sitting in a tree waiting for deer after a string of night shifts gets tough to stay awake.

Grey Owl