dec 31

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

cubb

dec 31

Post by cubb »

Hey guys, i've been out gun hunting this past week, no success but have seen about 10 deer, i'm begining to think that i might have to fill one more tag with the bow. my question is how many of you hunt until dec 31 and does your strategy stay the same? I've been going out too early in the afternoon and getting cold going in around 3-4pm, wich is prime hunting time? Just wondering how you hunt in the cold weather. Thanks.
Fox

Post by Fox »

We go out as long as we can, the problem is really dealing with the wind. The deer will be there but the nice thing is they like to stay out of the wind as well. If there is a lot of snow pile it up and make a little blind, keeps the wind down and keeps your movement covered. I know it gets cold out there, sometimes it is better to move around a lot about 30 minutes before the good deer time, like walk on the spot or something to get you warm again, than to be fidgity when a deer is coming out to you.
Good luck and keep warm
cubb

Post by cubb »

Good idea. Yesterday i was out in a stand around the stratford On. area, man was it cold, i was out at about 1 and stayed till about 330pm, but it did get out of the stand to take a walk and warm up, it seemed to work good. I'm going out for my last shot gun hunt this afternoon. i can't go out tomorrow, and it sounds like it's going to be a nice day tomorrow :roll: .
Thanks for the info guys.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Sounds like you need a pop-up and a propane heater.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
cubb

Post by cubb »

ya that would probably do the trick too. I have learned alot for nex years gun hunt. But i sitll plan on going out with the bow this year
Fox

Post by Fox »

My Dad has a place near Stratford, I got one button buck and another guy got 2 Does, 3 deer in 20 minutes with 4 tags ended our hunt on monday.
cubb

Post by cubb »

oh really, sounds like it was a pretty good day then, i probably heard your shots, i was hunting around sebringville it's just west of stratford on hwy. 8. didn't see anything though??? I'm going to wait a few days after gun season is done then start with the bow again, try and fill my tag.