O/T Grill All Year Round

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: O/T Grill All Year Round

Post by awshucks »

bstout wrote:I like to grill all year round. Almost every weekend.

What about "use guys" (That's Yankee for Y'all)? :D
I do too, charcoal or gas?

Northern fairy tale starts: Once upon a time.....
Southern fairy tale starts: Ya'll ain't gonna believe this s**t.....
"Eze 18:21"
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Yeah, Bstout ...

We'all like to grill year round in Dixie. Why not? It was 65 degrees here today!

We grill all sorts of critters in the conventional hot-fire direct-heat way, but here in East Carolina, we especially love our "pig-pickins" ... wonderful community affairs starring a slow-roasted whole-hog, skin and all, affectionately mopped during the process with our justly famous vinegar-based barbecue sauce.

Mercy-me, but we do love that pork barbecue! Pulled or chopped.

Ya'll really should come down to a pig-pickin with us sometime. We'll handle the hush-puppies, stewed taters, collard greens and coleslaw. Ya'll bring the banana puddin'.
Grizz
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

I'm not sure that's exactly English but hell it sounds good.....
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Need something translated, Highlander?

I speak English too, among several regional dialects!
Grizz
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Grizzly Adam wrote:Yeah, Bstout ...

We'all like to grill year round in Dixie. Why not? It was 65 degrees here today!

We grill all sorts of critters in the conventional hot-fire direct-heat way, but here in East Carolina, we especially love our "pig-pickins" ... wonderful community affairs starring a slow-roasted whole-hog, skin and all, affectionately mopped during the process with our justly famous vinegar-based barbecue sauce.

Mercy-me, but we do love that pork barbecue! Pulled or chopped.

Ya'll really should come down to a pig-pickin with us sometime. We'll handle the hush-puppies, stewed taters, collard greens and coleslaw. Ya'll bring the banana puddin'.
Nanner puddin no hassle, might be seeing ya soon fer sure!!!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Charcoal is king! The flavour you get is far superior than when using a gas grill. I don't "Q" as often as I would like but I will any time of year.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
navaman

Post by navaman »

out here in west texas it's the same as as it is is with grizzly. it was 72 degrees here and last night it didn't get any colder than 50. planning on slow cooking/smoking a brisket all day tommorrow. tommorrows's supper gonna be good !
p.s. mesquite wood for me :wink:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

you guys are making me hungry! i have a brother out in west tex and he makes a mean brisket with that local bean bush for fuel too. and ole griz ... i am only 4 hours south of ya and i'll bring the tater salad!!
thanks philip
PRB

Post by PRB »

I dont grill out much. We are still looking for the marinade you said you use from a previous post. I cant remember the name right now but the wife is suppose to have it wrote down somewhere and looking for it.
Happy Grillin :wink:
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
tkstae

Post by tkstae »

You said bstout. I grill at least three times a week year round. There's almost nothing that I haven't tried grilling in the past 30yrs.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Charcoal is the best for flavor, but in the winter I sometimes go to propane for the advantage of getting it done quickly. The secret to gas is not to clean the grill. You can clean the cooking surface (grate), but let the char-rocks (or whatever your grill uses) get caked with grease and fat.
Used to be able to find real charcoal (not the brickettes) around here, but I haven't seen it for several years now. That was the best I've ever found!
wabi
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

For you charcoalers, I found a charcoal starter made by Weber that you just stuff two sheets of newspaper in the bottom and your coals are ready in 10 - 15 minutes. Far superior to the one Mal-Wart has.
"Eze 18:21"
exocet

Post by exocet »

I love to "Q" myself :D I do however go to the propane in the winter sometimes depending on the time I have. You can litterally "Q" anything!! I use a cheap $50 "Q" and it works great, but when it wears out I am getting a Weber. Jack.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

We BBQ year round here. I tell ya's it gets chilly though from Jan-March. When it gets that cold, or raining, I'll pull the BBQ right up to the patio doors on the back deck, just open the door and away we go.

You can't beat a good BBQ meal. :D

Jay
Normous

Post by Normous »

I love dead stuff on my BBQ year round. When we have time, mainly in the summer we use a Weber charcoal grill. Mmmmm love the taste.
My propane sits one step out on the back deck and that is what we use most of the time. Lasts nights venison tederloin were AWESOME.Mmmmm
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family