Home Made stuff

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

Maritimer wrote:Its just a illusion Tye, just finished making the bolt never shot.
I figured it was the angle of the picture.
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

A couple of quivers. The top one is the first quiver I ever made, and I was able to make the bottom one for we have a industrial sewing machine at work. I have to admit having access to a sewing machine really comes in handy.

[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Heres my golf ball cannon. Again, not a kit. Total weight 37 pounds.

Why ride when you can walk!
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

groundpounder good job, must be fun shooting it did you ever got a hole in one. :lol: :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Maritimer on Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I never really find the golf balls after I shoot them! :lol: You can watch the ball as it travels untill you just lose it in the distance. I shoot it in the mountains on my parents property with miles of woods behind them. Plenty safe.
araz2114

Post by araz2114 »

Very simple....I need dimensions for that canon! Does is shoot "patched" golf balls or just tight fitting ones? Off the record and just for references how much powder does it use? For the record I don't plan on making one :wink: :wink:

araz2114
live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever

araz2114
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

groundpounder wrote:I never really find the golf balls after I shoot them! :lol: You can watch the ball as it travels untill you just lose it in the distance. I shoot it in the mountains on my parents property with miles of woods behind them. Plenty safe.
Do you yell fooouuur after you shoot, LOL. That is really a neat little cannon.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Here is a toll box I made for my Titan. Its a wood box wrapped in carpet to match the interior and an aluminum diamond plate split lid to match the split seat. That way you don't have to lift both seats to get in the box. There is a lot of room under that seat that I hated to see go to waste. And I didn't want to put a box in the bed because its the crew cab and it would eat up all that space in the smaller bed.

Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Good idea and a fine job groundpounder, excellent use of wasted space.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I made a cover for my bow, as well as a little storage thing that straps to the stock..
The cover cost more than it would have to just buy one.. :?

GP, I like that box under the seat, I often thought about utilizing the space under the seat of my Avalanche, looks very similar.
araz2114

Post by araz2114 »

pydipper, are you going to attach a photo? I really like the photo on the other thread.

araz2114
live each day as if it were your last...learn as if you would live forever

araz2114
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

OK, this is a bit tacky.. I wanted something for the snow, wasn't going to spend another bunch of money on a winter suit. I made a template out a big piece of craft paper I took from my kids (bad dad) cut the slots and painted some of my best artwork.. :wink:

Dollar store, 1 dollar.

Image[/img]
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

araz2114 wrote:pydipper, are you going to attach a photo? I really like the photo on the other thread.

araz2114
One with the Groundpounters mount covered, and one without. The case has hole to use you factory shoulder strap.

BUCKSHOT

Hey

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Two inches of snow and cabin fever sets in! :wink: Wha's Up Wid Dat?
3" abs, one peice lawn ornament or something like that!
Actually it was fun building this thing, it took about 1 1/2hr and three nice Fruit Drinks (Yeah, that's it :wink: ) in the shop!
Enjoy the Harvest!
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

HERE IS MY "MOBILE TREESTAND". IT IS A 4X4 KAWASAKI MULE WITH A 10' LIFT BUILT ON THE BACK. AFTER BEING PARALIZED FROM FALLING FROM A TREESTAND 15 YEARS AGO, I DREAMED OF COMING UP WITH A SYSTEM THAT NOT ONLY WOULD MAKE ME MOBILE AGAIN, BUT ALSO GET ME UP IN THE AIR SO I COULD SEE GAME BETTER. HERE IS WHAT I CAME UP WITH. IT WORKS GREAT!! AND I LEAVE NO SCENT ON THE GROUND COMING AND GOING TO MY STAND. THE LIFT AMOUNTS TO A 12V WINCH OPERATED INDUSTRIAL WHAREHOUSE LIFT MODIFIED AND BOLTED TO THE MULE BED. IT HAS A SWIVEL OFFICE CHAIR AND A CAMERA MOUNT INSIDE THE CAMOFLAUGED BOX. I HAVE TAKEN 6 BUCKS AND 3 HOGS OUT OF IT SO FAR THIS YEAR. IT EVEN HAS A SEPARATE WINCH TO HUAL MY GAME OUT BY MYSELF

JAY
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.