Exocet200 cracked limb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

XbowMisiu

Exocet200 cracked limb

Post by XbowMisiu »

I was looking over my bow yesterday and I found a small crack on the left limb close to the riser. I never dry fired this bow.
Do you guys think it is safe to keep shooting? I still have few days of deer season left here and I need my bow.
I sent an email to the guys at Excalibur…

Darz Bór!
Big John

cracked limb

Post by Big John »

Looks to me like a splintered limb.
I am assuming you took off the pads to check to splinter better?
I would use it for the last few days without practice shots, you should be okay. Then get it taken care of. IMO.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Yes, I took the pads off to look at it. I shoot with pads on.
Darz Bór!
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Yes its just a defect in the limb, we were north moose hunting one of the guys with an exomax had the same problem, he used the bow for the rest of the hunt (week and a half) and then took the limb back to excalibur and they replaced it for him. Id just use it for the remainder of the season only a few days and then fix it as soon as its over. Happy hunting.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Thanks guys, I will use it till the end of the season and than will take care of it... I am sure Excalibur will stand behind it's product.
A friend of mine shoots a Barnnet. He had to have his limbs replaced because of dry fire incident. He sent his riser and Barnnet put on new set of limbs. Got the bow back and after few shots he had a small crack again on the limbs. He is also waiting for the season to end to send it beck to them.

Thank you Gentleman and MARRY CHRISTMAS to all!
Darz Bór!
Rich

Post by Rich »

That's the exact splinter my Exocet did, I spoke with Dan Miller and he said as long as the splinter wasn't bigger than a toothpick it could be used as normal until the end of the season and than sent in for limb replacement. He also recommended breaking the splinter off and filing the rough edge smooth. This problem is exactly what I posted about a few months ago when asking about a potential limb problem, reason being was 3 of us bought EXCALs at the same time and the 3 of us had 5 splinters within 2 months. EXCAL could give us no reason for the splinters and limbs were replaced with exceptional service. As in your case, no bows were ever dryfired.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Thanks Rich for the info. This is my second Exocet200 and it wasn’t even shoot that much, but I have to admit I did take two deer with it this season. :lol:
There had to be something wrong with the limb right from the start.
You have to love Excalibur for their service!
Darz Bór!
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

I had an older exocet and the splinters didn't appear until I had been shooting the bow for 6 years and the limbs were replaced without question. I have not had that problem with any of my mag tipped bows yet. The service is exceptional!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Any of you guys have split limbs you want to get rid off? I would like a couple for a little project I am thinking about. Don't worry nothing crazy or unsafe.

I figure you probably all had to send them back though.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

I just got an email back from Excalibur. No problem the limb will be replaced under warranty. I was told the splinter is small and it’s OK to finish the season the way it is. I am to contact Excalibur next week for replacement.
If only other companies would offer such a prompt service! :wink:
Darz Bór!
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

Well, I received the replacement limbs from Excalibur but they don't look any like the limbs on my bow. The camo on the new ones is way darker and the Magtips are black... (???) Did the limbs that I received missed the camo painting stage at Excalibur??? Or what's up??

Darz Bór!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Not certain, but it looks like you got the older camo pattern. I believe Excal used the pattern you got for a year or two then switched to the new "colorfusion" pattern. Looks like you'll need to contact them again.
wabi
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

It looks like they shipped you an older limb , I would contact them on monday.
Tom

Post by Tom »

Doe Master wrote:It looks like they shipped you an older limb , I would contact them on monday.
What probually happened is that they had a mistake on what model (year) of bow you had and that is why they shipped you the version you received.
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I agree it looks like the camo on my emag. But my tips are camo.