Took a break...Striper fishing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Took a break...Striper fishing

Post by Rich »

Took a break from the woods this week and hit the Chesapeake Bay for some striper fishing. The big fish have moved into the bay. I caught this 42 incher. Heading back up to deer camp tomorrow, a fish fry is planned for dinner this week.

Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

I would love to get away some Winter and do that Rich but it is not in the cards right now. I look at the OBX reports all Winter and see those hogs that they catch. Nice Going!!!!!! :wink:
Cedrus

Post by Cedrus »

Wow! Nice cow Rich. That's a slab!! Surfcasting or fishing by boat??
My biggest stripers landed (and released due to length regs.) in Maine were a couple 35 inchers and a 37" cow. All were caught from the shore (rocks and/or beach) at night, using cut bait. I'll try to dig up a photo or two.

Stripers are fantastic eating. :) 8)
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

WOW Rich, this is a beauty! Way to go!!!
Darz Bór!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Very nice!
wabi
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Nice fish! I'm going on the 27th with three others for stripers. There's always something outdoors to do around here all year long!
Why ride when you can walk!
Rich

Post by Rich »

The fish were caught from my buddies 24ft Grady White. My 42 inch fish was small compared to some of the big ones out there right now. Here is a picture of the 47 inch, 54 pounder my buddy caught the day after with his dad. What a memory that day will be for both of them.

chessy

Post by chessy »

i miss my stripper fishing... just informed the wife... next christmas we will be in virgina fishing i have not been hunting there in 2 years my kids are older now and i think they will apreciate going away for christmas... i love casting for them with top water plugs.... never caught any big ones 22lbs was my biggest... but they sure are good to eat..
PRB

Post by PRB »

I bet thats fun catching fish that big. Congratulations.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!