Whitetail Institute or Biologic Food Plots

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Perch74

Whitetail Institute or Biologic Food Plots

Post by Perch74 »

Been doing alittle research regarding these two companies. Both seem to have impressive results with there food plots. Anyone have experience with growing any of there products. Also, which kinds seem to do best if, because they have 15-20 differents kinds of seeds avaliable.
Thanks
rutman

Post by rutman »

Try to pick one with rape, kale, turnip and maybe rye grasses. That mix covers a longer period of feeding and deer love all of it.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Bucko

Post by Bucko »

I have a co-worker who uses the Bio-Logic brand.It grows well and attracts the deer also;but he put a patch of seed mix in also that the local feed supply store mixes up themselves and gets the same results at 1/3 the price of the Bio-Logic.

I guess it's all what you have available and want to use :?
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Do your homework. Look at the mix ratios of the big brand names, it’s on the package. Then talk to your local seed dealer and see if he can match the seed and price it. We grow clover. It is identical to Imperial Whitetail Clover. Our attractant plots are pretty large and the cost of the branded blends is not feasible. You will also get something else at your local seed supplier that you will not get with your name brand bags, and that is advice.
PRB

Post by PRB »

I have to agree with others in that you should talk to as many local growers (coop) as you can. I recently planted some Durano clover in and all around my apple, pear, and plum trees, to increase the nitrogen and so far this is the best, strongest, most aggressive clover Ive seen. My local coop person said that its all I would need.
The Durano will certainly be part of a future deer (possibly rape) mix one of these upcoming years.
Good luck
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
PRB

Post by PRB »

This might not be of interest to you Perch74 but thought a picture might help. Just took this picture today. As you can see from the couple of hard freezes we have had that everything else is dead except the clover. After this last hard freeze even the clover started turning brown and I thought it was done for the winter but well here it is
Another spot just a few feet down the hill from the first picture where I took what seed was left over and just spread it on top of the ground. I didnt even incorporate it at all.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!