FOC&blazer vanes.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

bait pile willie

FOC&blazer vanes.

Post by bait pile willie »

fellas;WHAT SHAFTS ARE YOU USING. LENGHT.INSERT WTS BROADHEAD WTS.FOC.SHOULD I BE WORIED ABOUY FOC, I SHOOT A VIXEN USUALLY 18.5" ARROWS.THANKS FOR ANY INFO.
PRB

Post by PRB »

My best set up from my Vixen now is 20 inch Gold Tip Laser II, brass front insert, aluminum rear nock, 2 inch Blazer vanes and 125 grain Montec G5. Total 445 grains...too heavy for some people. High FOC of 17+ percent. I believe the Slick Tricks were more accurate than my Montec G5 but I dont have them anymore to try out and there is not enough difference in accuracy to justify the solid one piece design of the Montec G5 that I like...in my opinion.
Good luck
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I am using Gold Tips with Brass inserts and aluminum nocks, I use a 100 grain broad head, and 4 " Duravanes.
It is proving to be a pretty reliable set-up, however, I am considering having a few grains shaved off of my brass inserts to lighten it just a tad..
I like the heavy FOC, it adds a bit more "thump" when the arrow reaches it's destination.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Right now, I have some xx75 2216's: 17" length, Blazer Vanes, 100gr. heads, carbon flat nock, aluminum insert. Total weight: 374 gr. +/-. FOC is a shade under 13%. So far they fly pretty good, but more testing is needed. I also have some Easton Carbon Power Bolts with the same set up, but it appears I'll have to add some more weight to the front, or maybe try feathers. They are a little heavier around 390 gr. +/-. They also have an aluminum end driver, instead of the carbon nock. I'm shooting a Vixen.

Joe
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Has anyone tried the Duravane Predators. I've heard that they work just as well as the Bohning Blazers, but are easier to glue and bond better.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.