Sharpening systems

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Sharpening systems

Post by raydaughety »

Could someone please recommend an easy to use sharpening system that will sharpen knives and broadheads.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Ray: I'm a knife sharpner junky, lol. The best I've found is called a "Jewel Stik" from Cabelas. The model I have has three surfaces embedded w. diamond from coarse to super fine. I haven't usec it for b-heads but am planning on trying a needle nosed small visegrips and my Slick Trick blades on it.
"Eze 18:21"
Normous

Post by Normous »

I like my Lansky Diamond sharpener. It gives you specific angles to choose from. Once a given angle is chosen you remain consistant at that angle which gives you a precise sharpness. I've impressed many by its ability to sharpen. Even Slick Trick recommends the Lansky.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

enormous wrote:I like my Lansky Diamond sharpener. It gives you specific angles to choose from. Once a given angle is chosen you remain consistant at that angle which gives you a precise sharpness. I've impressed many by its ability to sharpen. Even Slick Trick recommends the Lansky.

Norm
Same system I use and it works great with all knives, slicktrick blades and other replaceable blades. For my Montecs I have to use their diamond stone. Best bet is the Lansky in my book .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
M&M

Post by M&M »

I use a gatco sharpening system it is similar to the lansky but the stones are a little wider and it works like a dream. One other thing some guys are great at puting A good edge on with just a plain stone, I am not one of them I have learned that the key to puting a good edge on is keeping the angle at which you sharpen your knife consistant I can not hold a knife like that to sharpen with just a good stone, but my gatco system has the clamp with the angles of degree on it and it does it for me and I get a good job every time. M&M
Last edited by M&M on Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PRB

Post by PRB »

M&M wrote:I use a gatco sharpening system it is similar to the lansky but the stones are a little wider and it works like a dream. M&M
Same here. Mine originally came with some plastic type material for the clamp. I sent it back to the manufacturer and they sent me a metal one. I dont know if they (the new ones) are still plastic or metal now because Ive had mine for several years now. Im like GaryL when it comes to Montec G5 because I have to use a flat sharpening stone for them.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

LANSKY FOR ME
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I use a Lansky sharpner it works very well. I have a clamp ( made by Buck knives )that holds you blade at the same angle . This and a couple Arkansas stones will make a knife scary sharp.