VIXEN CROSSBOW for sale

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Learn something new every day. Good to know.
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

A quick search found this, GaryL's post at the bottom explains.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... wer+stroke
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I am looking at the specs and the Phoenix is 37.5 inches long with a 14.5 inch power stroke and the vixen is 36.5 inches long with a 13.5 inch power stroke, that would indicate have the same riser I would think.

My understanding is the forward riser adds 25 lbs to the draw weight without increasing xbow length. So if the pheonix is a vixen with a forward riser why is in one inch longer. And if you look at the max and the exocet they are also 1 inch different in length 25 lbs in draw weight.

I am confused.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

ALINALBERTA wrote:A quick search found this, GaryL's post at the bottom explains.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... wer+stroke
Well he says the vixen has a tilted riser now, mine is an 06.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I am pretty sure my vixen has a forward riser. I have had it off many times and compared it to my emag and it slopes forward. I hate to argue with you guys, I know you know more about these xbows than me, but I think you are wrong on this one.
Digger

Post by Digger »

If I am wrong I appologize for my mistake, they must have done it recently as my 2005 was 14" not 13 1/2 in the manual.

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/docum ... nt_296.jpg
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I think it is a recent change, did you go read that post by Gary L. in the thread someone posted. Something about a half inch change on something or another. Go read it, but he says there the vixen has a forward riser now.

So at some point the vixen was a 14 inch power stroke with a 90 degree riser at 150 draw weight, that makes sense. Now it is an 13.5 inch power stroke with a forward riser at 150 draw.

So yours is a 14 inch power stroke then I guess?
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I find it odd they don't mention the forward riser in the vixen info on the web page. But they don't mention it for the emax either, just the phoenix and the exocet and the two new xbows. It looks like they just have not changed the add for the vixen and the emax maybe. Who knows, LOL. It is getting late and my brain is hurting. I want to try to hunt a 0'dark thirty in the morning. There is supposed to be fresh snow on the ground early.

Who knows, you guys got me going now. I just walked out to my building and looked at the darn thing again. It looks sloped but it is so slight that it is hard to tell. I did put the stirrup up against a flat surface on both the emag and vixen and its limbs were 1 inch difference at the tips.

Oh well we will sort it out eventually, LOL.
Digger

Post by Digger »

There you go as Gary L says "Always learning" 8) :oops:
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
BUCKSHOT

Makes sense!

Post by BUCKSHOT »

It kinda' makes sense they would do that, why complicate the production process with two risers?
Different machining set-ups, assembly parts, storage and all that!
The change was inevitable!
Enjoy the Harvest!
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

excal. probably used up all the old style risers on the vixen ,when they were gone,the new slanted riser is used if they didnt shorten the power stroke they would have a plain jane phoenix,! had anew vixen in my hands sat.with the shorter lenght the balancs and handling was phenominal,a real sweet bow.I wonder if when the old stocks are used up the thumb hole stocks will be the standard,certainly cuts down on prodution costs which is the bottum line..the difference in price between a phoenix and a exomax is only an expensive 2" of aluminum.
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

I would like to make an offer if rutman has asked for this he is a friend of my dads and is buying for me so it doesnt matter who u sell 2. my offer is $550 for all of it. Please respond either way. I live in southwestern ontario,near grand bend.
Travis_81_81

Cross bow

Post by Travis_81_81 »

Man I have a lot of money in this this stuff..Come on guys
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

Does that mean u wont sell to me :?: :? :(

Call me again if u still have my number :)
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

Thanx for selling travis
:)