Freezing deer pee?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

duber

Freezing deer pee?

Post by duber »

I am putting all my deer hunting stuff away.I hate to just dump out 2 bottles of doe in heat so I was wondering if you could freeze it and use it next year.Has anyone tried this?Or does anyone think it will work?

TTFN,
Wes
175 Exocet
Vari-Zone scope
Gold Tip Laser 2's
100 grain Wasp Boss
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

No! Don't freeze it ... ruins it's attractant properties.

The thing to do is dehydrate it ... just pour what's left in those bottles into a shallow pan and simmer over low heat on the stove until all that's left is a fine yellowish-brown powder. :wink:

Be careful not to scorch!

:D

All right ... if you have to feeze it, go ahead. Probably won't hurt.
Grizz
GonHuntin

Post by GonHuntin »

I sometimes collect urine from deer I kill and I have often frozen it until the following season.....still smells like deer pee! :D

Don't freeze it in glass containers though!!
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Wow, boiling deer pee. That would sure stink up a place, do you do that outside?
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

As to actually boiling deer pee :shock: ...

That bit of advice was offered, as they say, "tongue-in-cheek."

Hope you're kidding too!

All I can say is that if you're going to do that in the house, you'd better be single ... or willing to be thereafter! :wink:

Can you imagine?
Grizz
wabi

Post by wabi »

Actually I've been using deer pee in a potpourri (sp?) burner this fall and the aroma is quite different from the usual smelly old perfumed crap the wife uses. Kind of a "woodsy" aroma to it! :wink: :lol:
Actually, I did make a burner out of a couple old tin cans, and did use it for hunting. A buddy of mine had a propane burner rig to put off aroma from deer pee for hunting during the rut, and I figured why not a potpourri type burner? It's quiet, and it definately puts off scent! Never pulled any bucks in with it, but then I didn't try it until the rut was pretty well over. My buddy said he had 3 bucks sniffing the air with his one evening, but none came within crossbow range.
wabi
duber

Post by duber »

Heh Grizz'

I asked the wife what pan she wanted me to boil down my deer pee in.She said to make sure to use a cast iron one so she can hit me up side the head with it when I'm done :shock: .

I think if I try anything I will try freezing it. :wink: I'll propably just dump it.

I'm sure it would make a pleasent potpouri thow. :lol: :lol:

TTFN
Wes
175 Exocet
Vari-Zone scope
Gold Tip Laser 2's
100 grain Wasp Boss
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

duber put it in a plastic bottle, leave enough room for expanson, put the cap on lightly, set out side in a safe place .... after frozen screw down lid tight, vacum seal then put in frezz .... :D

Of course it has to get belowing out side for it to work, still time .... :lol:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Oh, and if you're married and you do freeze it you might want to inform the wife. :roll:
Mine's still a little squeemish about the frozen mice I have stored for mink trapping bait. :lol:
wabi
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Grizzly Adam wrote:As to actually boiling deer pee :shock: ...

That bit of advice was offered, as they say, "tongue-in-cheek."

Hope you're kidding too!

All I can say is that if you're going to do that in the house, you'd better be single ... or willing to be thereafter! :wink:

Can you imagine?
SINGLE youll have the bucks nockin on your door.. :lol: ..GA I can tell you are prankster and light hearted funny dude...what a hoot

like me tellin the wife that i was going to boil out a beaver skull in the spam....... :roll: I had all 3 of my girls ready to run me off....ofcours I was just kiddin..........
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hey, Bstout ...

I've heard that about vanilla extract before.

On a trip abroad, in 2001, I bought a bottle of real Hatian vanilla ... not the imitation kind, but the real deal ... and it is STRONG compared to what folks usually use. It's so strong that in cooking and baking you only use half what a recipe calls for ... and it has a striking, pungent "vanilla on steroids" smell. Definitely different.

Wonder how it would do?

We bought a 10 ounce bottle and have still only used about 1/3 of it. Keeps forever.
Grizz