Dacron Flemish Twist Strings

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

You think it is still safe to use this string with the grooves in the serving or should I put on the excel?
Personally I wouldn't, but it depends. Try winding the serving with your fingers, to tighten it, to see if the grooves will disappear. Then put a very very light coat of wax and rub it in. If you do that and the serving doesn't fray, then it should be safe until you get my strings.

Actually if you can you should re-serve it. do you know how?
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

ComfyBear wrote:
You think it is still safe to use this string with the grooves in the serving or should I put on the excel?
Personally I wouldn't, but it depends. Try winding the serving with your fingers, to tighten it, to see if the grooves will disappear. Then put a very very light coat of wax and rub it in. If you do that and the serving doesn't fray, then it should be safe until you get my strings.

Actually if you can you should re-serve it. do you know how?
No I don't know how. I would like to learn though. I would guess these strings would last a long time if you could re serve them occasionally.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Yes they would last for years, if you don't abuse them, and reserve them as needed. It's all about preventative maintenance, and when it comes to it, I'm a PM freak.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

ComfyBear,

I've got a 185lb Emag with the carved limb tips. I bought a couple of new Excalibur dacron strings, but I would really like to try the flemish twist dacron if you make them, so put me down for at least one to try out and possibly a couple more before summer. Let me know when and how you would like payment.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

huntin1 wrote:ComfyBear,

I've got a 185lb Emag with the carved limb tips. I bought a couple of new Excalibur dacron strings, but I would really like to try the flemish twist dacron if you make them, so put me down for at least one to try out and possibly a couple more before summer. Let me know when and how you would like payment.
huntin1
Hunting1, sorry to miss lead you, but this post got cross-threaded. Although I was thinking to start making Dacron Flemish Twist strings, in the future, for the folks that need them for their carved limb crossbows, currently I do not have any Dacron string material. The strings that I'm making currently are made using dyneema material, which is similar to FF and not suitable for your crossbow.

If and when I acquire the Dacron, I'll let you know.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

ComfyBear,

You didn't mislead, I know you are trying to gauge interest. If you do give me a shout.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"