Vari-Zone lens fog

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Whelen Man

Post by Whelen Man »

Whelen Man wrote: The instructions said to return the scope with $10 for factory warranty service, but by that time I wouldn't give $10 for another of the same scopes what with all the problems, lost hunting time, and remounting and rezeroing.
I said in the quote above why I didn't further contact the factory. I just advise anyone else to beware of a below standard product. You make a fine crossbow, but get rid of the Chinese scopes even if you must raise prices.

I contacted the factory at the same email address that I had originally contacted them through. No reason to expect it wouldn't get through. I complained and felt I was probably being ignored. I never pressed to get another scope through the factory since I didn't care for the scope. I didn't want to waste another half a day going to the dealer again. I also knew that that was the dealer's last scope, and I needed one in the next day or two. From my previous experience I had no reason to expect that another of the same scope would be any better. There comes a point when one has to move on. I'm not one to complain about things much at all, but I really expected more for the amount of money I paid. My scope wasn't the first that had been returned to the same dealer for the same fogging problem.

As Gomer Pyle said "Fooled me once shame on you, Fooled me twice shame on me. :(
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Bill T. I do not understand you terminology of using the term of WHINNING or whinier, we are only asking the forum members if they are having fogging problems with their Vari-a-zone scopes. I see no problem with that and feel the term of whinier very inappropriate.

No one is whinning just asking .... :D

I needed to edit this a little, the question started out as " anyone had fogging problems with their scopes (Variazone) some stated yes some stated no such as I. I have had a problem if I breathed on it however cleared right up....Not from inside.

Any problems with any Excalibur products should be taken up with Excalibur, however I see no reason why they also can not be discussed about on the forum. I was under the understanding thats what we did here .... help each other out and get led in the right direction.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Cougar

Post by Cougar »

If you truly want a fog free scope just buy a Bushnell with the rainguard coating. It only costs $50.00 more for a bushnell elite 3200 in 3x9x40 than a varizone. It is the only scope I ever owned that you can hunt in cold humid conditions with that doesn't fog when you breathe or get heat near it. I also prefer just a single reticle scope myself, less problems, just practice a little more for various distances.