Gorilla Kong Ladder Stand

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dsr

Post by dsr »

Nice stands.They look sturdy and comfortable.Hope your wife enjoys your present for her b'day.
My son and I bought 5 Strong Built stand at Bass Pro in Toronto a couple of years ago.They look similar to your new stand. If they come on sale like that around here I would probably pick up 4 or 5 of them.
Our stands feel right when you're perched up in them.That goes a long way towards making a hunt enjoyable.
If you are still alive your mission here on Earth must not be completed.

Old rock hounds never die.They just slowly petrify.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I actually use a ladder stand that's supposed to be a "double" as a "single!"

They don't call me "Grizz" because I'm little!

I've never seen a hang-on or climber that I trusted.

Good buy!
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

That is a very nice stand.. I have yet to see something like that in Canada for a reasonable price.
Enjoy!
What does that thing weigh?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

You will be sitting in comfort, thats for sure. Enjoy!
shawn_b

Post by shawn_b »

i paid 59$ for a two man stand at wal-mart hope to use it next yerar but at that price would make a good gift :lol:
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

bstout, I have the Gorilla 2005 Expedition Outfitter Lounger Ladder Stand, which is still in the box, since I have been using my treestands with either the climbing steps, sticks, etc.

Mine weighs 60 lbs, real sturdy I'm told. How hard is it to set-up and install against a tree (Do you really need to be two guys to do it)?

See picture on page 14 of this catalogue link from Gorilla

http://www.gorillatreestands.com/pdf/20 ... atalog.pdf
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I think every company has that same stand, just a different name. Strong built makes the exact same stand... normally they are 69-79bucks.. I bought 4 of them about 7 years ago from the sportsmen guide for 59.99 each.. nice stands for the cash, but get a seat cushion for them. Also, you can hand fab a metal shooting rail for these. You just need brackets to bolt the rail to the stand

the only downside to these is that I wouldnt move them much.. I leave mine like those up all year 8) :D
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

I understand how practical those trailer boat winches are, I also use them.

Here's one on a tree holding my deer feeder up 9' from the ground. If you can see on the right, my TrailMac is hanging from another tree. Tried to hoist my feeder by hand, but couldn't bring that feeder to reach the 9' with all the weight in it.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/2264/pa280143zs2.jpg

Here is a view at night of the feeder. Holds 7 buckets containing 5 lbs each (either corn, carrots and/apples). One bucket drops per day, or more if I wish. Baiting is allowed in Ontario.

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6237/pa210122gf6.jpg

Here is I believe the same little buck

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4633/pa240135us4.jpg
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like it should be a good stand.
I've been thinking about buying a couple economy models but I'm not sure what size nails to put it up with....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:Looks like it should be a good stand.
I've been thinking about buying a couple economy models but I'm not sure what size nails to put it up with....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
while you're at it, go steal some of those pegs out of the telephone poles and use for tree steps;)

then you would have a budget stand 8) :D
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Although I also have a steel treestand, I made myself a few years ago two of these. They are based on the model of the Tree-sniper stand used by Japanese soldiers at one time.

Not hard to install, no seats, so you adapt.

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1939/p3090018ak2.jpg