O/T killing time with the scanner ( some old pic's )

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

R.J.

O/T killing time with the scanner ( some old pic's )

Post by R.J. »

Got the idea from GaryL's thread with the picture of he and his wife in the younger years ....

Well I can't go that far back :lol: :lol: , but I was looking at some old photo's and started fooling with my scanner today ...

Got married in 1983 .... I was just finishing my apprenticeship and my wife just finished school and was starting her 1st job .... we didn't have much money , so she made her wedding dress from scratch !

Being a hunter sure cut down on the grocery bills ... still not sporting any facial hair at this point ... while hunting up North we would always supplement or dinners with some tastey ruffed grouse .... I had many deer under my belt by then and I eventually got a tastey moose !

Once certified in the trade ( Tool and Die ) .... job security was no problem and I was able to induldge my outdoors / hunting / fishing hobby .Spent the off season fishing .... I was a lot lighter on my feet then and still had some hair ... :lol: :lol: .... then the light beard faze started .... :lol: :lol:

In the late 80's we bought a hobby farm and started raising and training bird dogs .... we won some local Pheasant championships , and after reading an article in Gun Dog magazine in 1990 we entered 2 events in the USA , won 1st place pointer division in one and both flusher and pointer division in the other ...

Moved around to a few different companies in the automotive industry until I settled at TMMC in 1989 .... same trade only the tools we worked on where bigger ! .... when I started my trade I could open most dies on my bench by hand ! .... but at TMMC it's all done by crane , and I mean a big crane ! .... here is one half of a mold on the radial arm drill ...

23 years later .... and we are still looking to the next adventure !
( a picture from our first trip to Vegas in 2005 )

As I look back in each picture ... I seem to get bigger from year to year .... I guess I am a successfull hunter !

About 5 years ago I made a trip to Cabela's in Michigan ...

I took hundreds of pictures .... scanned some today .... I tried to take pictures of the taxidermy animals that were all over the store
( except for the wall mounts )... like I would if they were in the wild .... which led to some pretty creative photo positions .... eventually one store clerk told me I couldn't climb on the clothes racks , even if it was to get a good shot ! Here are a few of the shots ... ( trust me it wasn't easy with a store full of people to make sure nobody got in the shot ! )

These are the grizzly bears that are in front of the store ... approx 20 feet high ...

Here are a few wall mounts that caught my eye ( when I say few , I mean it , there were 100's )

I have about 50 more pic's of that amazing store , but don't want to put you guys to sleep ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Been scouting geese for the extended season ... but they are staying close to the water an mostly in no hunting areas .... today they were teasing me and landed right across the street from me .... didn't take long for the dog to put the run to them ... :lol: :lol: I took these shots out my front door .

Anyway .... killing some time with the scanner and on the PC today ( hard to find time when my 15 year old daughter isn't hogging it ) ... :lol: :lol:
Last edited by R.J. on Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Nice pics, RJ keep them coming
Digger

Post by Digger »

Great pics Rick, looks like you got married right after the prom.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

Super pixs. I always check out the RJ messages because of the fantastic pixs.
Great wor! I hope you have as much fun making them as I have admiring them.
Riggs
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Super just SUPER R.J. Your Bride did a super job on her WEDDING DRESS, and she is one pretty Women. .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Nice pictures R.J. Thanks. You sure your not a Police Officer. You resemble that Policeman from Hawaii Five O. Book em Danno.
Last edited by Golden Eagle on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wabi

Post by wabi »

Thanks for sharing the pics with us. I always enjoy them.
wabi
Isis

R.J.

Post by Isis »

Great stuff Rick.
You were a cute little guy weren't you?
What happened, too many hunting breakfast? :lol:
Charlie Booze

Post by Charlie Booze »

:lol: Thanks for sharing your pic's with us :lol:
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks guys .... all always have more on the way ...it's a hobby I can work on all year round ...

In the 80's and early 90's I didn't take as many pictures as I do now ... but then again I didn't have a good camera then ....
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Super pictures and gee I would like to visit one some days ,supose to have one by Mirabel airport,close to Montreal.I'll be there on opening day for sure.
Taureau noir
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Isis wrote :
You were a cute little guy weren't you?
What happened, too many hunting breakfast?
Lets see .... that was approx 23 years , many broken bones , and approx 40 lbs ago ...

I'm guessing I've slowed down on a few things since then .... If I look wider in the Vegas shot , well that's just the money belt ! :wink: :lol:

Golden eagle wrote :
You resemble that Policeman from Hawaii Five O. Book em Danno.
:lol: :lol: This guy ? .... I think he was a Tool and Die maker as well ! :lol: :lol:

GaryL wrote :
Your Bride did a super job on her WEDDING DRESS, and she is one pretty Women.

Thanks Gary .... judging from the loving way you have described your wife ... they were cut from the same cloth .... we are both very lucky men ! It's also awsome to see how proud you are of all your family , as it shows in your posts re: your boys etc.

I've always said ... if you have good friends and good family you are a very rich person in this life ....

rigbymi wrote :
I hope you have as much fun making them as I have admiring them.
Yep .... one of my favorite past times ... a picture is worth 1000 words .... glad you liked them ...

Digger wrote :
looks like you got married right after the prom.
:lol: :lol: Yep .... seems young for todays standards but the 5 or 6 couples we chummed with at the time were all married around the same time ....

Cool to look back at the pictures of our youth ....

I wish I had taken pictures from way back .... my brother a I spent tons of time in the outdoors in our early teens with our pellet guns and 22's ...but will have to rely on memories for those days !
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

taureau noir wrote :
Super pictures and gee I would like to visit one some days ,supose to have one by Mirabel airport,close to Montreal.I'll be there on opening day for sure.
Yep , I was glad to see them put a Cabela's in Michigan .... I hear they are all impressive .... there is so much to see .... they say it is one of the # 1 tourist attractions in that area ....

I was cool to see some of Bill T's crossbows there as well !
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

GaryL wrote:Super just SUPER R.J. Your Bride did a super job on her WEDDING DRESS, and she is one pretty Women. .... :D
No only that, but if you ever decide to change occupations, you wouldn't starve as a photographer. Awesome Pic R.J.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Comfy wrote :
No only that, but if you ever decide to change occupations, you wouldn't starve as a photographer.
Maybe when I retire .... not alot of cash in pictures .... you will make more with your strings ! ( which from what I have seen and heard are working out great ! )