Made something new.. *again*

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Made something new.. *again*

Post by Pydpiper »

Most of my hunts will take place within a kilometer of my home, but in the times it wont be I made this..
Each side is double layered neoprene, realtree Hardwoods. The left side (shown) has a zipper to keep stuff in, TP, small first aid kit, key chain light, matches, spare string (don't get me started..).. The Zipper disappears into a pocket to keep it quiet.
The right side is the same, except the zipper is on the inside. To access it the whole thing needs to be removed from the crossbow. In that zipper sits other stuff that won't be used unless there is a bit more of an emergency than a bowel movement. Water proof matches, wire saw, stepped up first aid, small knife, flint, garbage bag...
The whole thing weighs very little, and makes for an extremely comfortable shooting position against the cheek, especially in the cold...
Here is a picture with it on, and with it off.

[/img]
Last edited by Pydpiper on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Thats pretty slick man. 8) Looks good.

Jay
knobby

Post by knobby »

pretty cool.... reminds me of the shell holder I use to use on my shotgun....which never stayed in place grrrrr

how well did it stay where you want it? maybe use some velcro on the stock to hold it firm?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It doesn't budge.. I have had it empty for a bit while I tried to figure out where the zippers would be best situated, but it has been on about a week (I shoot 100+ shots a day at various times) it stays put. I would think the difference between a gun stock and this bow is the "flat" shape, things tend to spin a bit less.
However, I have not had it in the bush yet, time will tell.
TYE

Post by TYE »

Neat idea. :)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good idea!
Does it cut down on the noise you hear when you shoot?
wabi
TYE

Post by TYE »

Toilet paper is a must!

I remember this year my friend and I were up north at my rifle camp, walking down the road, and when we got to the "Y" as we call it, we both looked at eachother and said, "UGH WE SHOULDN'T HAVE ATE SO MUCH FOR LUNCH"

I, coincidentaly didn't have any TP. Luckily he had a whole damn roll stuff in his jacket. :lol:

Now, I make sure I have TP before I leave. :lol: :lol: :oops:
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

wabi wrote:Good idea!
Does it cut down on the noise you hear when you shoot?
It fits very snug, and one would think it should dampen the noise a bit, but I would have to say no, it doesn't. Didn't think about it till now though, I may try a shot or two with it on, versus a shot or two with it off. What it does do is soften the "jerk" a bit and give the illusion the shot was quiet :wink: . That's important to right?
wabi

Post by wabi »

That's important to right?
I'd have to say it probably is. I always liked the test of shooting a big bore handgun with and without ear protection. Sure makes a huge difference in accuracy when you're not hearing the shot. :shock:
wabi
BUCKSHOT

Neat

Post by BUCKSHOT »

8) 8) 8)
Enjoy the Harvest!
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Excellent idea. Did you get the neoprene off an old set of waders?
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

No, that neoprene was new, it started it's life as a double wine bottle carrier..
Beech

Post by Beech »

Wher abouts in Paris do you live. I'm from Paris too. I hunt just outside of town......... Beech
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I don't live in the city, I actually live in a village called Canning.. I am between Paris and Princeton.
Where do you hunt?
I have a 60 yard range in my backyard if you want to shoot sometime..
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Pydpiper wrote: I have a 60 yard range in my backyard if you want to shoot sometime..

There's a nice invite. :D

Hey everybody, party at Pydpipers. :lol: :lol:

Jay