Horton 2007 copies Excalibur crossbow?!!!?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

I like it!!!!
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ALINALBERTA wrote:I must be the only one not able to open this link. :? When I click on it, it says something about generating a error and will be closed by windows. Could not launch acrobat reader. Any ideas what is happening here?

Thanks,Al.
update your acrobat reader .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
TYE

Post by TYE »

For those of you who can't see it...

A.W

Post by A.W »

Those two things behind the limbs,either side of the rail, are what they call "sound stompers. I guess that there name for dampeners.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

I have a Horton Stag recurve crossbow, 150# that doesnt shoot to bad, dont know what year. Hawk
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

A.W wrote:Those two things behind the limbs,either side of the rail, are what they call "sound stompers. I guess that there name for dampeners.
Allan you have it almost right, they are called "string stumpers".

Why would they want to stump a string? Poor thing, being sandwiched by the claws and the stumpers, it's like being between a rock and a hard place. I suppose that's one way of increasing Horton's string sales. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
A.W

Post by A.W »

ComfyBear wrote:Allan you have it almost right, they are called "string stumpers".
Lou that's why I'm getting the new illuminated varizone....So I can see. :roll:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
ALINALBERTA

Post by ALINALBERTA »

GaryL wrote:
ALINALBERTA wrote:I must be the only one not able to open this link. :? When I click on it, it says something about generating a error and will be closed by windows. Could not launch acrobat reader. Any ideas what is happening here?

Thanks,Al.
update your acrobat reader .... :D
I was wondering about that. I am at work so using the computer supplied with the drilling recorder. Any upgrades can only be done by Pason service hands. (Pason is the company supplying the computer).
Thanks GaryL and thanks TYE showing the page. I would have had to wait another couple weeks or so till I got home otherwise. :lol:

..Al.
grandtrout

Post by grandtrout »

A few interesting thing based on their add.

They don't list mass weight so I'll bet its heavy.
Why wouldn't you try to shorten the width if your starting from scratch? Even two inches narrower and you have at least a percieved advantage over excal. The string stompers are a good idea - I have them on my excal but they don't seem to be touting this as a quiter bow than their other offerings - I've shot a few hortons and they seemed loud to me so I'll bet this one is just as loud! Do they have a meaningfull warrentee? 3 years on defects only is what's on their site?

I think it's great that more and more compaines are getting into crossbow's, It will help remove the steriotype surounding them & get the best products to consumers but... I have yet to see a product that adresses my design concerns. - make it quiet, keep it accurate & make it a bit easier to drag into the bush (narrower) & I'll look seriously at replacing my excal. Until then all these new bows just seem to be the same sort of idea's repackaged. This horton may be as good as an excal - so why buy it? The only new one's I've seen of interest are the new 10 point (narrow stance) if you like training wheels & the middleton - faster limb with the same power stroke. Otherwise isn't it all the same stuff.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

A.W wrote:Those two things behind the limbs,either side of the rail, are what they call "sound stompers. I guess that there name for dampeners.

It is also "speed reducers.'

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
JR

Post by JR »

navaman wrote:JR, i know it's not related but that's the coolest avatar i've seen on this forum :lol:

Thanks. Looked all over the net for something with a crossbow. This was the best I could find.

Thanks for the tip Gary. :oops: Will do it today.

-Jason
Stock Exomax and now a Micro 335. :)
[img]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/thebuckhunter/smiley_561gun.gif[/img]
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

From that picture (and maybe just the picture) but it looks as though they do not have a complete trigger guard? I dont believe that a bow company like horton would build a bow without a trigger guard. I believe that could be a saftey issue. Just my two cents.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Ah, imitation ... that is flattering, if indeed it is imitation! Problem is, we really can't say Horton is imitating Excalibur by introducing a recurve this year ... after all, it could be said that Excalibur is imitating Horton by introducing thumbhole stocks this year ... :!:

Who cares who's imitating who? I'm glad crossbow hunting is gaining familiarity and popularity. Perhaps we'll see the inclusion of crossbow hunting in the season lineup of every state by the end of the decade.

Wouldn't that be nice?
Grizz
LeGrand

Post by LeGrand »

Yeah! But it's still not an Excalibur 8)
Old Indian saying, if a leaf falls from a tree in the woods the turkey will see it, the deer will hear it, the bear will smell it, the moose will not eat it, but be on the look-out for LeGrand.