Does your bow have a "off" season?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arkbow

Does your bow have a "off" season?

Post by Arkbow »

Arkansas season is still going{Feb 28}, but after hunting season do you hang your bow up until next season? my bow does not have a "off" season as I turkey hunt with it in spring then shoot it everyday after that; I love shooting year round and look for every chance to shoot targets or whatever else I can find;
Just wondering if your bow is used for only a little while or if your bow is like mine, never "cools off".........................thanks
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
wabi

Post by wabi »

Don't shoot every day, but I do shoot at least a couple days a week.
wabi
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

I would love to be able to shoot everyday, but where I live I dont' have enough room to put up a target and the city bylaws prohibit the discharge of crossbows with in the city and its parks. Did I mention I hate living in the city...yuck!!
Big John

offseason

Post by Big John »

Never really is a shut down for bow's.
When hunting season ends then it's time for more Bolt testing and target shooting. Now, this winter and Spring I have to learn the new art of "Traditional Bow" shooting. 8) So it's all good! :)
No time to hang up the Crossbow or any bow, anymore.
In fact, I believe hunting season is when the bow's get the least amount of actual shooting.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Hipwader wrote:I would love to be able to shoot everyday, but where I live I dont' have enough room to put up a target and the city bylaws prohibit the discharge of crossbows with in the city and its parks. Did I mention I hate living in the city...yuck!!
You need a bungalow with a nice big open basement. :lol: That's my dream! LOL
tracer

Post by tracer »

I hope to drop a coyote with my crossbow this winter. Then there's Turkey season.
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Yes my Excalibur gets 2 weeks of a year.

Gun season around here last 2 weeks so the 45-70 marlin gets to go out in the woods while my max gets a rest.

Otherwise it is coyotes in the winter and turkeys come spring!!!
kev

Post by kev »

I used to reduce the groundhog population behind the house in the off season with my Excal's after my dog's passed away. I did'nt thin any out last year so there should be 12 or more adults this spring, plus there new pup's. The wife has bird feeders and they come to the yard for feed on the ground.

You gotta spot and stalk groundhogs. I'd locate there dens then figured out set up's. I sat on the roof of my shed for a few, also stood behind trees.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Hipwader wrote:I would love to be able to shoot everyday, but where I live I dont' have enough room to put up a target and the city bylaws prohibit the discharge of crossbows with in the city and its parks. Did I mention I hate living in the city...yuck!!
DITTO, Hipwader, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Grey Owl
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I practice about a good 2months before deer season here and then hunt the 3 weeks of bow season with it... but after that im pretty much done since I pick up my Muzzleloader or slug gun. I use my shotgun for turkeys so the bow is pretty much done for untill august

I have to many hobbies so I have to make time for each LOL :D
saxman

Post by saxman »

My bow is unstrung (With DP'S Off) and in the case now but I am getting the urge to shoot again.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

In fact, I believe hunting season is when the bow's get the least amount of actual shooting.
Got to agree with you John, shot lots during the summer only once during the season.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

pphoenix wrote:
Got to agree with you John, shot lots during the summer only once during the season.
yes, but that one shot has to count then.. the rest of the year its just for fun :D :lol: 8)