dw

snow finally

Post by dw »

getting our first snow here in maryland since last decemder. :D
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Same here dw. Bout 2 inches out there now and its still snowing. This is our first measurable snow. Last Winter we just had dustings with no measurable. We are way down the last 2 Winters. I dont know what it is. We used to get Snow in November and it stayed all Winter but no more.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Same here... About two inches and now it is lightly raining. Oh boy this could get nasty if it freezes down tonight.

Hey DW I used to live in Sykesville, MD and then moved to Mt. Airy... It was great quail hunting as I remember it. I lived on a 275 acre farm that was all growed up and the fence rows were loaded with quail.

DrDan
GREY OWL

Re: snow finally

Post by GREY OWL »

dw wrote:getting our first snow here in maryland since last decemder. :D
"dw"
Its been the opposite here dw, we got our first snow in the first week of November, lots of it, and it hasn' quit. A week and a half ago, we had our worst snow blizzard in 50 years, 4 people lost their lives.

I love the snow :lol: :lol: snowshoeing, snowmobiling, ice fishing, etc. ect.

With all this record snowfall, it should overflow the ponds on our land. YAH !!

Grey Owl
wabi

Post by wabi »

We got some snow this morning followed by freezing drizzle. Not a good day to walk on the hillsides. :roll:
wabi
shawn_b

Post by shawn_b »

Snow i love it 4 to 5 inchs here in cincinnati
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

we got about 1-1.5 inches here in eastern Va.. I got a chance tp play on the 4 wheeler for about 60mins then it turned to sleet and freezing rain. Now most of its melted away but it was good to see some snow for once.. not to much and not to little :D 8)
wabi

Post by wabi »

Went out to my hunting area this morning to check traps (trying to reduce the beaver population as they are cauning flooding problems for the landowner) and found what we really have is snow covered mud :roll:
Made for an interesting ride on his tractor. The wooded hillsides are slick, and the flat creek bottoms are deep mud under the snow. :shock: I quickly unlatched the brake petals so I could use the right & left brakes independantly for steering assistance. :lol:
I'd like to get in a few more deer hunts before season ends, but they aren't hitting the feeder regularly. If it would get cold and stay there a few days the feeder might produce another shot this year.
wabi
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

dw doe downed late yesterday, got her cut up and in the frizer and ready for another.

How did you do ?
dw

Post by dw »

i got a 6 point with the crossbow that's about it. didn't get out much with the kids playing basketball and indoor soccer.
"dw"
"you gotta love it"