carbon arrows ??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xbowking

carbon arrows ??

Post by xbowking »

Hi all, im using gold tip carbons 20"arrows (bolts) with brass inserts in my xbow now , but im wondering if anyone has tryed the new Easton carbon power bolts in there bows , im thinking of trying them but im wondering if anyone has any opinions on them, i also use quick spin fletching on all my arrows , i feel the quick spins really help in a flatter shot , i go in alot of 3D tournaments and have done quite well , could be somthing to do with the awsome brand of xbow (excalibur), any opinions on carbon arrows would be great , tks , happy hunting / shooting, Dave.
Last edited by xbowking on Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TYE

Post by TYE »

I really like Beman Thunderbolts, which are the same thing as the Easton Powerbolts. Easton and Beman are the same company.
saxman

Post by saxman »

Hi xbowking
I know I have seen other posts on this subject before but I dont know how to find them.
I wouls imagine any Easton product would be quality.
I shoot the GT Lazer II's that came with my ExoMax.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

There are a lot of posts related to bolts. Click on "Search" at the upper part of this page, type in "carbon bolts" and hit search at the bottom. . .that will bring up every post that mentions "carbon bolts" in the body of the message.

There are a ton of them . . .most don't even relate to switching bolts or the benefits.

I too am thinking about going to a heavier bolt to shoot in my Exomax. Based on the little research I've done, the thicker bolt will actually hold the energy from the Exomax better. Could possibly harness more energy and lose no speed . . .maybe even gain some speed(depends on the set-up). Anyway, the heavier bolts are quieter and more durable. However, for 3D shooting, seems like everything I've seen says to go lighter and faster . . . I guess there's no need for energy since the target is already dead. :roll:

I would love to see some charts comparing bolts when put to the heavy draw weights. Metal vs. carbon would be interesting too.

If anyone has some links to that . . .please post.

I'm also looking into testing some 1.5" and 2" Blazer vanes. Got all summer . . .I'll get busy around October :lol: . Like cramming for a test in high school. :shock:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
widowman

Post by widowman »

Maybe it's just me, but, I have had great luck with the brass weighted gold tips.

With the accuracy I get, I can't see any shaft outperforming them.

What kind of results are you currently getting?
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I use to shoot beeman thunderbolts out of the mag. I think they weiged around 435 with 100 grain head. I do not have a chrono but according to my varizone they shot 15 fps slower than my gold tips at 345 grains.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Thanks for the info guys, i didnt know that beman and easton were the same , i have tryed bemans in my exocet and i did not like them , i think i will stick with my gold tips :lol: tks
Rich

Post by Rich »

I tried the Eastons and could not get all six bolts to group within 6-8 inches at 20 yards (or something to that effect). Consistency between bolts was unacceptable.

Rich
M&M

Post by M&M »

I have been shooting the easton power bolts with 100gr spitfires out of my exocet 200 and they shoot quite well for me I can put my arrow in the bullseye every time out to 50yds shooting off of a rest. M&M