Missing Post/DELETED

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Number one this isn't really a public forum, it is owned and operated by Excalibur. Bill has never had a problem with us talking positively about Ten Point, Horton, Barnett or Parker. They are all good bows in their own right and all have some features we like or dislike. But these features are a direct result from these manufactures own hard work and investments which is what fair competition is all about. Bill and Cathy have worked their butts off and invested possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars to manufacture a great product. Now comes along a very close copy shooting similar and in some cases the exact arrow velocities using the exact weight arrow from a bow that at first glance looks so much like an Excalbur the novice or beginner hunter can't tell them apart. I can see how this would strike a nerve with him. If you can't see this than put the shoe on your foot. You would actually let someone bragg and support a product that you know is a copy of yours, hurting your lively hood, taking away from your family on your own forum!!! I think not. Bill, if people want to promote and speak highly of a product made by very unscrupulous people then you have every right to do what you feel is necessary.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Ditto Buckeye, well said
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

buckeye wrote:Number one this isn't really a public forum, it is owned and operated by Excalibur. Bill has never had a problem with us talking positively about Ten Point, Horton, Barnett or Parker. They are all good bows in their own right and all have some features we like or dislike. But these features are a direct result from these manufactures own hard work and investments which is what fair competition is all about. Bill and Cathy have worked their butts off and invested possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars to manufacture a great product. Now comes along a very close copy shooting similar and in some cases the exact arrow velocities using the exact weight arrow from a bow that at first glance looks so much like an Excalbur the novice or beginner hunter can't tell them apart. I can see how this would strike a nerve with him. If you can't see this than put the shoe on your foot. You would actually let someone bragg and support a product that you know is a copy of yours, hurting your lively hood, taking away from your family on your own forum!!! I think not. Bill, if people want to promote and speak highly of a product made by very unscrupulous people then you have every right to do what you feel is necessary.
Exactly!!!!

Excalibur started building crossbows for hunters by hunters. Bill and Kath probably ate enough mac and cheese during their formative years to turn their skin yellow. They went against the grain and built recurve crossbows. Proved to the world they had an accurate, reliable design. Through that a loyal and growing following sprung.

Now another manufacturer, not too far from Excal's home town "designs" a bow that looks exceptionally close to an Excal. Perhaps even has guys post threads here as a form of cheap advertising.

I would be pissed!!

I will remain loyal to the original!!
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

I agree with the last 3 posts 100%.

I also agree 100% with Bill's feeling on this copy-cat xbow, I'd be pissed also.

Talking about other xbows Ten point, Horton, Barnett, Parker etc. etc., is one thing, maybe a good thing, but this Middleton guy, no way, to fraudulent for me.

Grey Owl
Kuffs

Post by Kuffs »

Gotta say I agree It's excal's forum. I tend to support Bill's decision. After all it is excal's forum. I aslso tend to believe Bll with his safty concerns for his employees. He cares about his company. people, and his customers. After I expained a little situation I had with my bow....Bill helped me out of it no questions asked. He stands behind his pruduct 100%
Thabks Bill!!!
Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Excal Micro 335