OT--The Law . . .USA

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sumner4991

OT--The Law . . .USA

Post by sumner4991 »

I got this email this a.m. and thought I would share . . .

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is against the law for the
words "under God" to be on our money, then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not to be used in or on a government installation, then, so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think that smarter people than
I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the American public's best
interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God and cannot post His
Commandments in Government buildings, I don't believe the Government and its employees should participate in the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &
Easter.. After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the "US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays." After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry
about getting home for the "Christmas Break." After all it's just another
day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all
government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday &
Easter. It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other day of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct."

In fact...

I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside
for worshipping God...) because, after all, our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop
giving in to the "minority opinions" and begin, once again, to represent
the "majority" of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Sumner, you got a good idea, that makes a lot of sense. However, you have overlooked one thing. The ruling establishment neither operates on nor is concerned about what makes sense. Instead their sole concern is how to first obtain control and power over the populace. Then once in power, their only objective is to stay in power.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I agree ComfyBear . . .just want to point out, it's not my idea . . .but, I do like it. Would be nice to have some consistancies in the laws.

My uncle was a police officer. The state law forbid loud mufflers and the police officers were told to give out tickets. My uncle refused. Why? . . .because in the state it was perfectly legal to sell the mufflers. He just didn't think it was right to sell the public a product then turn around and dish out tickets for using the product.

This isn't exactly the same . . .but, government just doesn't look at the whole picture because they are too busy trying to please every little group and hoping the big group will not notice.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
navaman

Post by navaman »

AMEN
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Sometime read the book, The Cunning of History. It is a good look at bureaucracy and what makes them tick. It try's to explain how atrocities like the Holocaust can occur. I read it as a young man in college and it has helped me out with my way of dealing with issues like this. If you get a chance Sumner pick it up and give it a read, you will like it. Just a little paper back, you could read in an afternoon. Easy to find because many college courses use it as supplemental reading.

I will add this. In the US we have many people that think the first thing one needs to do if something goes wrong is make another law. I use to be in a political party that believed in small government, state and individual rights, that party is gone now in my opinion. I won't mention the party but you guys know who I mean. The other party has such a relativist view of morality I could never be part of it.

The more power we give to our central government the less individual rights we are going to have. We need a new political party that fights for individual rights. We must limit governments access to our personal business. Information technology is so invasive and pervasive that we will lose our privacy eventually if government is permitted to use this technology without restraint.

I was in the military for 22 years and a GS federal government for 8 years. I do not trust my government, or any government. Power corrupts and absolute power will corrupt absolutely.

One reason I took up hunting was to be able to teach my 11 year old son how to be more self sufficient. I truly believe in his lifetime he will have to use these skills to save his own life and property. I don't think my son is going to have the luxury in life I have had. I think times are changing. At some point people will rebel against government intrusion into their private lives.
Last edited by shurite44 on Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Country

Post by Country »

Hey Shurite44, I too can see it coming someday that the people will rebel against the government. Once the Liberals take control and gut our second ammendment to the constitution to keep and bare arms, the first ammendment on free speach will be eliminated next. We'll start getting arrested for speaking out against the government and be branded as traitors and locked up. When we have finally had enough we will be fighting them with sticks and stones as they will have disarmed us all. There will be little groups here and there that will take them on but will be quickly eliminated by superior firepower.
navaman

Post by navaman »

ok. this may be too radical for some but here it is. www.infowars.com some of the stuff on this site can be dismissed as paranoid conspiracy theories but there is just as much that forces you to think and sometimes re-examine some of your opinions and ideas. i like it. it's very entertaining and sometimes frightening but there's never a dull moment there.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Country wrote:Hey Shurite44, I too can see it coming someday that the people will rebel against the government. Once the Liberals take control and gut our second ammendment to the constitution to keep and bare arms, the first ammendment on free speach will be eliminated next. We'll start getting arrested for speaking out against the government and be branded as traitors and locked up. When we have finally had enough we will be fighting them with sticks and stones as they will have disarmed us all. There will be little groups here and there that will take them on but will be quickly eliminated by superior firepower.
Well like has been said many times, I give up when they pry my weapon from my cold dead hands.

I don't think our military would be as easy to sick on civilians as many military's are across the world however. I was in the military for a long time and if it came down to what you are talking about the military could side with civilians in a situation like this. Nice thing about a voluntary military is they tend to think for themselves.

I do agree however without the proper vigilance on government officials your scenario could happen someday. Quite frankly I could see the GOP doing this before the Dems. How ever the Dems will give our country away to foreigners if they have their choice. Both parties are power hungry crooks that need a short leash.
M&M

Post by M&M »

sumner I agree 100% and I am a government employee. I believe I am in the same unit as you were shurite44 I think I have figured out who you are, are you're initials gm? I am a crew chief technition. M&M
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

M&M wrote:sumner I agree 100% and I am a government employee. I believe I am in the same unit as you were shurite44 I think I have figured out who you are, are you're initials gm? I am a crew chief technition. M&M
Yep, that's me. I was in the 164 TAS off and on for a long time. I PMed you. Not sure who you are yet, :)
M&M

Post by M&M »

shurite44 sent you one back. did you get it? that was my first pm that I've sent so I may not have done it correctly. M&M
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

I can not PM either?? Something not working properly. Maybe I should email a moderator and let them know.
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Go to PM, put something in subject line same as a post, then write what you want to say, then click reply at bottom, should work. If not e-mail Peter the Dude and I am sure he can help .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

Shurite44 great quote : "Power corrupts and absolute power will corrupt absolutely." - Lord Acton

I am in my final year of highschool and im coming the age to vote, and to be honest its a real toss up. I dont know who will do the best job or who will do a bad job just better then the next guy. I had to write an essay on that quote this year and i had an english major assist me in developing it and my teacher gave me a bad mark saying "it was to political". It is very evident even in the schools that there is bias in marking if you go against the grain.

One thought that has to be brought up in the mention of the minorities, is the fact that soon enough there will be more foreign people then there will be those with generations of history in noth america. I herd a statistic the other day and it was something like this - Foreigners are having babies/coming to our country at a ratio of 5 to 1 compared to those like i say with multiple generations. At that rate it will rapidly change how the whole country is run.

Back to what Sumner had wrote i agree totally that the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. There are so many people with their hands out looking for money. I could see paying a President/Prime Minister what they do get when they actually do something productive other then just line their pockets.

The last thing id like to say is that if you ever get the chance to watch "Out Foxed" i really suggest it. It shows how connected the government actually is.

Just something to think about!
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
xeon

Post by xeon »

I wish I got those types of emails... I usually get those 'Free Pills' type. :oops: