Game Finders?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Perch74

Game Finders?

Post by Perch74 »

Has anyone ever used Game Finders to find there kill. My group were not able to find two deer last season and maybe this might have helped. It's around $200 US so l thought l'd ask if anyone ever used one. It's actually a small price to pay if it helps.
Thanks
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Have not heard of that one, however I have tried the Bow Bug game finder and must state it's mean too set up for proper arrow travel.

Get the arrow flying correct would be a nice outfit to use .... :D The transmitter makes balancing your arrow a very hard job .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Perch74

Post by Perch74 »

Please check this link, it will give you a better understanding of what l mean. Thanks

www.game-finder.com
Country

Post by Country »

And then there are the flourecent flash lights to pick up blood spots. I don't know if they work either but am leary of everything. It's the old "there is one born every minute thing". I wonder if people actually make any money coming up with a worthless piece of cr*p devise. Im always surprised to see something in a Cabelas or Bass Pro magazine that is obviously junk. You'd think they'd make some sort of effort to keep that kind of stuff off their pages. As for the item you mentioned - I don't know what it is.
Country

Post by Country »

I just looked at the game finder site. I don't know what to say as I don't know anyone who has any of their stuff. It all looks dubious to me with the one exception of the audio amplifier and I don't know if that works either. Consumer reports said the Ionizers which I guess that one item is, doesn't do a thing except maybe suck in a little dust. Looking forward to see if anyone has a product indorsement. You can't trust anything you see in anyone's ad as an indorsement. Best thing since sliced bread/ wouldn't leave home without it - yeah, yeah!
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

My thoughts on the game finder is I wonder how many people are using it to track wounded game or "SOON TO BE" wounded game :roll: :roll: :roll: . I have seen them for sale for years and always wanted to try one myself. But I too don't know anyone who has ever used one or know how well it would work.
Why ride when you can walk!
A.W

Post by A.W »

They're not inexpensive.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

Me and my nephew have these, had about 3 years now and havent found a deer yet, They will show heat spots in the woods. but we have noticed they pick up a lot of trees that the sun has heated up. works ok in tree stand if you use a lot, will show heat movment near your stand once you get all the hot spots memorized. We would not recommend it. Hawk
Perch74

Post by Perch74 »

OK thanks, it would be a good idea if it would work properly.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

gerber makes a light thats supposed to show blood at night. I believe its 30-40bucks? Ive wanted to try it, but I dont want to waste my cash. The only game finder Ive used in the years is my eyes, hands, knee's, and ears :D

some like going to get friends and look for deer... I have better luck alone since to many people tend to cover blood on leaves and everything gets screwed up, espically friends that dont have a clue what they are doing.

if anyone has tried one of those gerber lights and had luck, lemme know. Untill I know of it actaully helping.. my money stays in my pocket :D
hawg hunter

game finders

Post by hawg hunter »

All of this high tech for finding game is a bunch of bull. Get your self a good dog. A Jack russel terrier or a Daschund they will provide excellent companionship in the off season and great hunting pardners while hunting.My own preference is the Daschund they are much quieter in the ground blind and they let you know when something is approaching long before you see or hear.
wabi

Re: game finders

Post by wabi »

hawg hunter wrote:All of this high tech for finding game is a bunch of bull. Get your self a good dog. A Jack russel terrier or a Daschund they will provide excellent companionship in the off season and great hunting pardners while hunting.My own preference is the Daschund they are much quieter in the ground blind and they let you know when something is approaching long before you see or hear.
I'd agree, but I've never owned a good dog for trailing deer. I have a Heinz 57 I figure is mostly Jack Russel & Beagle, but he's a bit hyper. :roll:
As for the electronic gadgetry, I'd say if it really worked you'd hear plenty about it on forums like this, and I've never heard anyone bragging about how good anything is yet.
wabi
M&M

Post by M&M »

they work on thermal imaging, kind of neat a couple of years ago I was at a father and son camp out my church does every year and one of the other dads brought one along just fun and we used it to find the kids while they played hid and seek it worked ok I thought it was kind on neat, but I really don't need one and I try to limit the amount of gear I carry when I hunt. M&M
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I had someone recently tell me that the lights for picking up blood in the dark work great but I am still scepticle. I don't know him well so it is hard to trust his opinion. I guess 30 or 40 bucks isn't that much to lose if it turns out to be junk though.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Fox

Post by Fox »

I heard LED lights are good at night. I have yet to actually have to track a deer, both the deer I got went down within sight but I still walked the track and my dad showed me what to look for as you track them. I wonder if they would work but with the number of deer around would the heat sources get crossed up?