I DECIDED TO POST AGAIN, CHECK THIS OUT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREYWOLF

I DECIDED TO POST AGAIN, CHECK THIS OUT

Post by GREYWOLF »

If you ever thought a bobcat was not a big game hunter, as I did, watch this series of photos (I hope my bow test report has been put ot bed)
GREYWOLF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5azeqnbuL0
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
STEELWORKER

Re: I DECIDED TO POST AGAIN, CHECK THIS OUT

Post by STEELWORKER »

GREYWOLF wrote:If you ever thought a bobcat was not a big game hunter, as I did, watch this series of photos (I hope my bow test report has been put ot bed)
GREYWOLF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5azeqnbuL0
as far as your bow test goes,.you did nothing but state the truth.
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Thanks Greywolf thats a very cool video.
Skeeter

It's not the aptitude but the attitude that determines the altitude!
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

I saw a HUGE male bobcat two weeks ago. I was sitting at my study window working and he just appeared in the field, walking from southwest to northeast easy as you please ... at three-o'clock in the afternoon!

Very unusual. He's the biggest I've ever seen, and one of the tallest. No way to share perspective via a picture, but this soybean stubble is about 10 inches high, because the wild garlic averages around eight across the field right now:

I took a bunch of pictures through the back door window. Didn't want to spook him before I got some. He was about fifty yards away in this one.

We've got lots of bobcats, but this guy has to be the Mac-Daddy!
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

its a few here in Va now.. not many but they are around. A hunter down the road killed one last year. I have yet to see one though
Country

Post by Country »

I've seen several in Virginia. One at about 20 ft. up in a tree. I was very impressed by the size and muscle structure. That is one tough looking critter. The muscles on him just rippled with every movement. I don't doubt they can take down a deer. I was glad I had my shotgun with me as the cat was putting up quite a fuss at my presence. Those growls were very loud and threatening. I could have shot him but I have this thing about killing anything I don't eat. Yotes and ground hogs are another matter though.
golfcat

Post by golfcat »

Nice pictures. I've never seen one in the wild, only in pictures and on TV. The weird thing is they are supposedly fairly common in Oklahoma but I've never seen one. However, about 6 years ago I had a mountain lion walk within 100 yards of me during muzzleloader season, and our biologists were saying at the time there weren't any in our state. My hunting buddies called me a liar, among other things, until this year when one came out about 50 feet from their feeders, and it went to a tree they had sprayed Tinks 69 on. They now believe me and agree it was one of the most magnificent creatures they had ever seen in the wild.

Roger
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

just because you do not see them in daylight, does not mean that they are not there.they are verrrrrrry warrrrrrry down here.
thanks philip
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I guess they have a lot in common with a million dollars . . .I haven't seen a million dollars either.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Cal

Post by Cal »

Thanks 'WOLF. Nice to see you back.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Here's a link I posted 2-3 years ago. It's a camera mounted on an eagle while it flies.

Click on the small encircled green arrow under the pic of the eagle. A new window opens up. Click on continue then click on "Mini cam in action" on the top right. You can watch how the eagle tilts it's wing feathers for control as well as. Watch it's response to a cranky buzzard.

http://animal.discovery.com/convergence ... ewild.html
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Big John

cat

Post by Big John »

Nice photo shots. That Bob Cat latched on right where it counts. :shock:
Must have took the Deer by complete surprise.

Glad your still posting Greywolf, your Bolt making knowledge and info. threads are always appreciated.

John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
navaman

Post by navaman »

Country wrote:I've seen several in Virginia. One at about 20 ft. up in a tree. I was very impressed by the size and muscle structure. That is one tough looking critter. The muscles on him just rippled with every movement. I don't doubt they can take down a deer. I was glad I had my shotgun with me as the cat was putting up quite a fuss at my presence. Those growls were very loud and threatening. I could have shot him but I have this thing about killing anything I don't eat. Yotes and ground hogs are another matter though.
when i was working in the big bend region of texas the mexicans told me that bobcat and mountain lion was good eatin'. i wouldn't be afraid to try it but then again i'm a guy that'll eat rattlesnake and other critters most folks would pass on. :wink:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."