Stryker Crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buckeye

Stryker Crossbow

Post by buckeye »

Finally got to see one live and up close. I do not want to start another long hotly debated thread on the Stryker again but I would still like to post my impressions and MY opinion. After closely looking at this bow it just doesn't seem to be a bow for the hard core hard hunting hunter. The way the limb assembly is attached to the rail just doesn't look to strong. The rail for the scope mount looks to be begging to be broke off or bent. Overall I just do not think this bow is rugged enough to withstand a four month long bow season year after year here in Ohio with your occasional drops, bumps, spills, banging around on an ATV and expect this bow to hold up. Again, this is only an opinon from a non engineer and this bow maybe a lot stronger than it looks and may last for years. Only time will tell.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

good review.. to each their own on this. I personally dont like the looks of it. Like you said, it doesnt seem like a practical hunting bow. But for every one person that dislikes it, someone will like it.
csharkie

Post by csharkie »

Saw it at the Eastern Sportsman's Show last weekend. Anyone know why they made the stock under the rail so wide? :shock: Looks really bulky, awkward, and front heavy. It's not the bow for me anyway.

But I know they were going to sell at least one, as I overheard a guy saying: "I just hate knowing there's another crossbow out there faster than mine."
:roll:

On another note, I didn't see one Middleton there in the entire show, and it's a big show. Why wouldn't they have any there, or any vendors that carry them? :? :? Makes ya wonder...