what is the best hanging stand??

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

speedball

what is the best hanging stand??

Post by speedball »

i was thinking of trying lone wolf cause the its only 8 lbs and i can buy extra hang straps and use it at different stand sites easily, what do you use and how many stands do you put up in a year??im up to 5 now and i still have to get 4 down and its becoming a bigger chore every year, especially since we got 20 inches of snow yesterday!!speed.........
gone huntin never to return................
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Thanks for the reminder, I've got to get my last stand down! Maybe look for sheds while I'm out as well.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
speedball

Post by speedball »

i think i wont have time maybe i'll stumble on some and get lucky it will take me nearly all day to get them there at 20-25 feet a piece.
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

I go in pre season and set up locations for stands, i use a lone wolf and when i get in the bush decide where to set up, look at the tracks and such and then just carry my stand into the location i choose. It seems pretty productive and avoids the deer patterening you, because your not always in one spot, even moving to the opposite side of the trail can throw them off. The lone wolf is a great idea!
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I have 9 hanging stands, 5 ladders, and 1 climber for my yearly use. I take all of those down except for 2 ladders which I built from wood lol(PITA to move).

My ladders are loggy bayou's, my climber is a Summit Viper, and my hang ons are cheap Big Game ones that walmart sells. I picked them up for 29bucks on clearance after hunting season, they were 50bucks. Huge platform and they dont squeek. Ive used some of the high dollar stands before and I like these walmart ones better than them and I'm picky about stands.

Bow life has the same idea I do.. Instead of me moving my stands, I usually have 2 stands on 1 trail so I dont over hunt one stand and let deer know my routine. Having alot of stands and all setup for different wind can improve you chances alot. But you usually end up stressing out about which one to hunt LMAO
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

Wouldn't' be nice if you could just put up brackets in different trees and then have a nice light stand you could just carry with you to the tree, climb up click the seat in and you are done. You could have tree stands all over the place.

Is there a product like this?
speedball

Post by speedball »

shurite44, that was my idea with the lone wolf setup at 8.5 pounds and 350 pound rating i could very easily set some stand sites and put up the stand when i hunt i could easily switch sides of the tree and or trees for that matter hey any stand that has a rating of 350 gets my attention i'm a corn fed ohio'an at 290 myself the 300 rating is getting me nervous gotta quit shoving food in the piehole!!!!!!!!
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

When i was buying my bow they had a fixed stand in the show room that felt pretty nice and it insatalls with this bracket on a chain if you bought more than one bracket it sounds like what you are looking for.
http://www.huntingsolutionsusa.com/products/
Riggs
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

shurite44 wrote:Wouldn't' be nice if you could just put up brackets in different trees and then have a nice light stand you could just carry with you to the tree, climb up click the seat in and you are done. You could have tree stands all over the place.

the lonewolf is best stand if you plan on using one stand and hanging it. Yo ucould have the steps in the tree's already and just take the stand with you. Ive been there and done that and no matter what it becomes a PITA. I want to get in quick and quiet. Granted I can hang a stand fairly quiet, but you always make some noise. Or worse case you are haning the stand and in walks the buck you are after. This is why I dont use my climber much anymore. I want my stand there and ready.. getting their quick and quiet is up to me 8)
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

shurite44 wrote:Wouldn't' be nice if you could just put up brackets in different trees and then have a nice light stand you could just carry with you to the tree, climb up click the seat in and you are done. You could have tree stands all over the place.

I made one just like that!! All I have to do is make some more brackets and I can move it pretty easily. A couple ratchet straps pull it tight to the tree. It doesn't move at all/no noise.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
speedball

Post by speedball »

i know what you guys mean having the stand there already is really the best option but like right behind my house in a 400 acre tract of woods i cannot do this simply cause the ##@holes will steal them i'm leaning towards the loc-on LEM's my buddy has i can re-do with new seats and speed ropes for free[cant beat the price], the speed ropes and the cloth seats are around 35.00 for both and i've had one of the stands before and like them they are tuff all aluminum stands that can take abuse, i will doo this for at least three sites and have 2 fixed stands already up and my 20 foot ladder over the barrel feeder, anyone use loc-on stands????
Rebel Hog

Re: what is the best hanging stand??

Post by Rebel Hog »

speedball wrote:i was thinking of trying lone wolf cause the its only 8 lbs and i can buy extra hang straps and use it at different stand sites easily, what do you use and how many stands do you put up in a year??im up to 5 now and i still have to get 4 down and its becoming a bigger chore every year, especially since we got 20 inches of snow yesterday!!speed.........
I have been using the Old Style Tree Climber for 15 yrs, but am considering the Gunslinger which can be used many ways!

Last edited by Rebel Hog on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Just an Ole Sinner Saved By Grace"
www.floridaconservation.org/
Rebel Hog

Post by Rebel Hog »

"Just an Ole Sinner Saved By Grace"
www.floridaconservation.org/
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

that is the cadilac of all tree stands!!
northbaydude

Post by northbaydude »

what do you guys think of Summit Climbing tree stands? any experiences and feed backs? I was thinking about getting one this summer....thanks....
http://www.biggameproshop.com/summittreestands.htm
Northbaydude
Looking for hunting groups and/or frineds in North Bay Ontario area