The "Shot Bow"...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Woody Williams

The "Shot Bow"...

Post by Woody Williams »

Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

as darn sure I seen that posted a while back about that style xbow. Real shame he did not show the xbow shooting. Different fer sure .... :D
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Digger

Post by Digger »

GaryL wrote:as darn sure I seen that posted a while back about that style xbow. Real shame he did not show the xbow shooting. Different fer sure .... :D
He was on line here trying to sell the idea of a six inch bolt for xbows a year or two back.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Yup, definitely the same guy/same dart. Wasn't he shooting them out of an altered Excalibur?

Jay
150 lb Wolverine
165 lb Exocet
175 lb Phoenix
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

Just imagine the look on your buddies face if you showed up on a dove hunt with your Excalibur crossbow. :shock: And even better if you killed more birds than the reat of them afterwords!!!:shock: :shock: :shock:

jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
xeon

Post by xeon »

Oh man, this is an incredible idea! I seriously wish I thought of that, just amazing!
wabi

Post by wabi »

He might have an idea that will sell with the shot capsule.
I thought the 6" dart was a good idea, just not really a necessity, or much of an improvement over the standard crossbow setup. The shot capsule would be useful in some places. (like hunting small game close to populated areas)
wabi
shewe

Post by shewe »

what a great idea. :D
laugh and the world laughs with you....cry and they laugh louder.
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

I don't think the brodahead as vanes is legal in a lot of states.

Most says arrows must be broadhead tipped..
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Digger

Post by Digger »

Its not a bad idea, but I have a hard enough time finding twenty inch bolts, let alone six inch ones after a pass thru.
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:shock: that is a novel idea , I do recall the short bolts being posted 2 years ago. the shot shell looks cool but is there enough velosity for it to be afective on small game?? 350 fps dosent seem enough power for rabbit or large birds. what do you guys think ?
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
designer 2

Post by designer 2 »

Greywolf

Keep in mind that the sabot or shot carrier will hold many sizes of shot. Up to three 44 caliber balls. The bigger size the shot, the more energy per piece of shot. Of couse the bigger the shot, the less shot you can shoot at one time making it more of a challenge.

Also, if you look at the video a little closer, you will notice a carrier that holds twelve 2" steel darts. Each dart will go completely through a goose in flight.

Most people on these archery forums have a mindset on hunting scenarios. The main purpose for the "ShotBow" and "Shot Crossbow" is for competition trap shooting in the off seasons. Much more exciting than shooting at a stationary foam target at known distances. Plus, the proshops will have more business in the off seasons to help them stay alive until the fall.
My mind is made up. Do not confuse me with the facts.
M&M

Post by M&M »

I have to give the guy credit for coming up with new inovative ideas that push the envelope for archery possibilities M&M
Digger

Post by Digger »

designer 2 wrote:Greywolf

Keep in mind that the sabot or shot carrier will hold many sizes of shot. Up to three 44 caliber balls. The bigger size the shot, the more energy per piece of shot. Of couse the bigger the shot, the less shot you can shoot at one time making it more of a challenge.

Also, if you look at the video a little closer, you will notice a carrier that holds twelve 2" steel darts. Each dart will go completely through a goose in flight.

Most people on these archery forums have a mindset on hunting scenarios. The main purpose for the "ShotBow" and "Shot Crossbow" is for competition trap shooting in the off seasons. Much more exciting than shooting at a stationary foam target at known distances. Plus, the proshops will have more business in the off seasons to help them stay alive until the fall.
I thought you were saying in your earier thread from sept. / 06 that we could hunt with them, I've never thought of shooting skeet or trap with a xbow. Must get expensive.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ht=#126343
Digger
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
wabi

Post by wabi »

So, would this work for small game at reasonable ranges with the shot or darts?
wabi