Bohning, Duravanes or other?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Bohning, Duravanes or other?

Post by Pydpiper »

What vanes do you use if you do your own fletching? I have been using Duravanes for a while, but as I run low I have been considering others.
I ordered a bunch of Realtree Hardwoods vanes, they turned out to be Bohning Killer vanes, so I had to order a brighter color to fletch them with so I can find them, or at least make my chances a bit better.

So what do you guys use for vanes?
I find the Duravanes get pretty crisp in the deep colds but other than that they fly well.
I have not tried the Bohning Killer vanes I just got..
Beaver

Post by Beaver »

Unless they have recently changed, Bohning is the heaviest vanes made.
When I use vanes, I use the AAE Plastifletch elite. They weigh 8 grains each for the 4 inch vanes and 9 grains each for the 5 inch vanes. If you get them all bent out of shape, you can take a hair drier and bring them back again.

Because of the very agressive accelleration and high speeds of the crossbow, I use feathers for my arrows.
I never was as good as I used to be.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have tried the new Vanes from Bohning called Blazers they have worked well for me. I have arrows fletched with them for my vertical bow and my Exocet 200. Gold Tip 55 /75 for my vertical and 2216 / Thunderbolts for the Exocet.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

I use Quick Spins -4 inch in my Exocet on Gold Tip bolts w/ brass inserts i get awsome performance and super accuracy , they fly really nice , they dont go hard in the cold and they realy stand up to alot of punishment.
wabi

Post by wabi »

2" Bohning Blazer vanes. Tried them along the course of experimenting with vanes, and haven't used anything else since!
wabi